"Nothing to see...... Move on !"

Nice work.

Just a few points - which I suspect you are well aware of but haven't mentioned - but I'd definitely put some mud on Bob's boots and some on the shell. I doubt that shell would have been lowered directly into its resting place. Some rolling would have happened I reckon?

And a check on historical facts:  did they really have 'keep off' tape back then - I mean the stuff with 'keep off' printed on it?

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

14 minutes ago, Badder said:

Nice work.

Just a few points - which I suspect you are well aware of but haven't mentioned - but I'd definitely put some mud on Bob's boots and some on the shell. I doubt that shell would have been lowered directly into its resting place. Some rolling would have happened I reckon?

And a check on historical facts:  did they really have 'keep off' tape back then - I mean the stuff with 'keep off' printed on it?

Rearguards,

Badder

Oppps, didnt make myself very clear in the initial post, the 'keep off tape' i was referring to was just this stuff;

37430286674_ab504e2cd1_o.jpg

Shell needs to be painted and weathered, and yes i need to add some mud to his boots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant however, possibly the shell is not needed.....from my limited experience an MP would not be near a live shell.....(bobby straps, instability etc etc...)    the Sturmtiger, MP and white tape would be all you need for a wonderful diorama that I am already envious of.

1 hour ago, brodiebear said:

Shell needs to be painted and weathered

Just to clarify, yes I know they didn't use nice shiny silver ammo! :D

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 1

On 03/11/2017 at 4:27 PM, Jeepboy said:

Brilliant however, possibly the shell is not needed.....from my limited experience an MP would not be near a live shell.....(bobby straps, instability etc etc...)    the Sturmtiger, MP and white tape would be all you need for a wonderful diorama that I am already envious of.

Thanks for the kind words.

I would tend to Agree, re the shell. However this picture seems to indicate, they were quite safe after the crew abandoned the vehicle;

37497562074_022f574445_o.jpg

• Like 2

...that shell is being inspected under reasonably controlled conditions, not just laying on the ground.  I'm not going into semantics, your modelling skills are to be envied however there was a huge problem with booby traps and I can almost quote the MP's turn of phrase if told to take up position next to a shell that size laying undisturbed on the ground.

1 hour ago, Jeepboy said:

...that shell is being inspected under reasonably controlled conditions,

Yep. He's smoking a menthol cigarette, and the 3 guys standing around are wearing cricketers' boxes.:D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jeepboy said:

...that shell is being inspected under reasonably controlled conditions, not just laying on the ground.  I'm not going into semantics, your modelling skills are to be envied however there was a huge problem with booby traps and I can almost quote the MP's turn of phrase if told to take up position next to a shell that size laying undisturbed on the ground.

Errm something along the lines of ' No thanks'.:idea::D  I think i will remove the shell, or put it around the far side by the tree ! :-) . It isn't a deal breaker.

Better news i finally found something to create the tape with - had tried paper - to thick, receipt paper - to shiny. Then i remembered seeing this in my local hobby craft;

38183699342_95cf3c9b84.jpg

so job done, will add tonight and then take a few more photos, probably tomorrow.

Edited by brodiebear
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I would give the tape a coat of matt paint, or matt varnish if I were you. Probably the 'keep off' tape they used back then was made from fabric rather than a plastic tape. Sellotape was invented in 1937 so I imagine 'barrier tape' was a long while later.

Rearguards,

Badder

12 hours ago, Badder said:

I would give the tape a coat of matt paint, or matt varnish if I were you. Probably the 'keep off' tape they used back then was made from fabric rather than a plastic tape. Sellotape was invented in 1937 so I imagine 'barrier tape' was a long while later.

Rearguards,

Badder

Painted the tape matt white, to take away the shine, looks good this morning.

10 hours ago, Ratch said:

Lead foil is good - like you get around the neck of certain wine bottles.

Good idea, but I needed a very long piece, so would have had to come from a wine barrel - which wouldn't have been a bad thing :D