Luftforsvaret F-104G (Hasegawa 1/72 with Vingtor decals) - Completed

Giorgio N

1 hour ago, MarkSH said:

An excellent result Giorgio, a very pleasing to the eye model.

Mark.

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

Now I do like that that!

Mike.B)

32 minutes ago, mirageiv said:

One of the best I have seen from the Hasegawa kit, excellent, fantastic model Giorgio! Thanks for all the tips on decal printing also, I'm saving this topic for the future when I have a try for myself. Your stencils look indistinguishable in quality to the Vingtor markings which is saying something as I class Vingtor decals as the best I've used yet, really well done.

David

Thanks to all, really appreciated. Glad you like it and that you have found some interesting idea in this build

Excellent workmanship, Giorgio! The finished model is beautiful - thanks for letting us come along for the ride. I'll be trying those acrylic metal finishes based on your recommendation. It seems I'm always looking for something that is better than what I use now. Modellers!   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

Congratulations Giorgio.  What a great choice of scheme and beautifully executed!

Cliff

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

This is a fantastic tribute to the wonderful '104' Giorgio! Excellentl!

Martin

27 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Excellent workmanship, Giorgio! The finished model is beautiful - thanks for letting us come along for the ride. I'll be trying those acrylic metal finishes based on your recommendation. It seems I'm always looking for something that is better than what I use now. Modellers!   :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks a lot for all the nice comments folks ! It was a pleasure sharing this build

Great result, Giorgio!

Thanks for sharing your project with us and your many updates - I looked forward to seeing how the build was progressing and learning even more about Norwegian Starfighter use.

I've also enjoyed reading your take on the Hasegawa kit and as much as we both love it, I have high hopes that another manufacturer will step into the breach with a 21st century offering (I've already nominated Tamiya or Eduard to do this); perhaps our friends at Platz would care to start a series with an F-104J?

Anyway, congratulations on the splendid result and good luck with finishing the Marineflieger jet.

On 31/12/2017 at 10:47 PM, Andrew said:

Great result, Giorgio!

Thanks for sharing your project with us and your many updates - I looked forward to seeing how the build was progressing and learning even more about Norwegian Starfighter use.

I've also enjoyed reading your take on the Hasegawa kit and as much as we both love it, I have high hopes that another manufacturer will step into the breach with a 21st century offering (I've already nominated Tamiya or Eduard to do this); perhaps our friends at Platz would care to start a series with an F-104J?

Anyway, congratulations on the splendid result and good luck with finishing the Marineflieger jet.

Thanks Andrew !

I agree with your view, it's maybe time that a new 104 kit hit the market. Platz would very likely make a fantastic kit, but it would also be expensive and harder to get in Europe. An Eduard Starfighter would be fantastic ! In the meantime I see that a number of Japanese shops have the old Hasegawa kit for very good prices, I may treat myself to another couple... :D

On 1/1/2018 at 10:43 AM, Vingtor said:

Congratulations with a very nice Starfighter model!

Nils

Thanks Nils, glad you like it ! without Vingtor decals this project would still be only a project, I'm glad I found a sheet

18 hours ago, modelling minion said:

An excellent result Giorgio.

This has been a stunning build from start to finish and is a real credit to you, I love the colour scheme and you have really done it justice.

Very well done.

Craig.

12 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

A beautiful result Giorgio, and plenty of tips a tricks to be had along the way, thanks for taking us all along with you on this one.

11 hours ago, franky boy said:

Lovely work Giorgio, she looks fantastic.

well done 

James

Thanks everyone, glad you like the model and enjoyed the build !

• Like 1

Fantastic build!

I was very lucky to see (and hear) Eskil Amdal take the first flight of the restored F-104 from Bodø in September 2016. The noise even on running up was incredible much more than an F-16 which I hear everyday ;) And how's that for an old girl, the F-16 which flew with her was having trouble keeping up when Eskil really gave it some welly!

Tim

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smithy said:

Fantastic build!

I was very lucky to see (and hear) Eskil Amdal take the first flight of the restored F-104 from Bodø in September 2016. The noise even on running up was incredible much more than an F-16 which I hear everyday ;) And how's that for an old girl, the F-16 which flew with her was having trouble keeping up when Eskil really gave it some welly!

Tim

Lucky bloke! ;)

Martin

• Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 8:40 PM, Tim Moff said:

Lovely job as always!

Thanks !

On 6/1/2018 at 10:41 PM, Smithy said:

Fantastic build!

Tim

Thanks !

I am of course a bit envious, must have been great to watch that flight. I'm very happy that there's a 104 flying in Europe, wish this venture the very best of luck !

Ah the noise of the Starfighter... that was great ! Very few other aircrafts come close...

• 4 months later...