Decal required

neil5208

A bit more info would be good too, I tried googling that unit & came up with zip. Do you have any links to the AZ kit you mention or anything else which shows what it is you're after which would make it easier to find?

Steve.

Sorry wrong kit, I was looking at az hurricanes at the same time. The kit I meant is thru RS Airacobra P39q rsmi92136, its listed by Hannants. Options 4 for the colour scheme. I've found the unit insignia and a few picture of aircobra with that on the doors but not much else.

I've been having a prowl around the googlesphere & nothing comes up against the 4th Recon squadron re 1/48 decals I can see. Apart from the squadron badges on either side & the lovely on the right cowl, everything else is pretty much able to be done from generic decals. If anyone has the RSmodels kit a high definition scan of the decals sized up would enable the unit badges & nose up to be replicated. A bit of a pfaff but doable. For information of anyone else, this is the RSmodels kit. & this is the page on the unit on Wikipedia, which incidently makes it appear to be a Caribbean based unit rather than Pacific based. Good luck

Steve.

• Like 1

Maybe a polite enquiry to Mr Schneider of RS would get you a vector drawing of the unit badge and artwork, then you just need to find someone with an Alps printer.

Otherwise as Steve says above, buy a kit and scan the decals so that you can hire a graphic artist to re-draw it for you.

It sound fiddly and expensive but I know others have done it and if you really want the scheme it's worth it.