Hello from newbie

TapChan

Hello everyone, my name is Wojtek, i'm from Poland.

I'm kinda fresh to plastic models. As a kid I just loved to make them, despite the fact that I was unable to really paint them - back then I only had acrylic paints which tend to flow away while attaching decals thus I've only tried this twice. Geez, those 1/48 Gloster Javelin and MiG-31 Foxhound seemed to be huge ones back then. Later on as teenager I returned to hobby, yet the plastic was too expensive and we had cheap Mały Modelarz cardboard models, in addition they were easy to get in any newspaper shop. Later on I had another return to cardboards but was forced to stop due to the graduate and then moving abroad. Now that I've collected back almost all my modelling stuff I can re-enter this world once again.

I love tanks, especially modern ones. I also like airplanes but only jets. For tanks I prefer to make them in cardboard, plastic got some cons: expensive add-ons and expensive everything, they're harder to build from scratch and just are pre-made. It's amazing for me to watch a model which was just a bunch of flat cards before. Yet, I'm also aware of cardboard restrictions,  it's extremely hard to make a jet with perfect shape, there will always be some unnaturally flat surfaces and visible joints between them. Therefore for jets I decided to go into plastic then.

In plastic I'm complete newbie, as mature I made just few of them. No, "made" is wrong word. "Attached" sounds more accurate. Simply - I've used them just to have some reference while building old and simplified cardboards (Fly Model rocked with their topics). Thus would be nice if I can learn and improve here thanks to your advices.

I have already decided to finish all currently started models - Heller's AMX-30 started ~3 years ago in Poland, Zvezda's T-80UD started around 4 months ago and Italeri's Leopard 1 (WoT edition) started just last weekend. Gotta start some construction topic. My plastic stash is quite small, contains just few models, cardboard one is way bigger :)

PS. If I do some language mistakes please correct me either on public or in PM.

Some expamples for those who at least tried to read this overgrown and chaotic text part. FlyModel's Leclerc referred to Tamiya's model (parts were matching really nice in this one): 

37419795791_b5e35b7dea_b.jpg

37162532570_11e9a08335_b.jpg

9490757047_eef2bae97f_b.jpg

And FlyModel's Leopard 2A4 being turned into 2A6E basing on HobbyBoss's one:

9761672531_5b830d58f5_b.jpg

9776026816_5bda4d10b8_b.jpg

Edited by TapChan
  • Like 5

Hi, Wojtek... Chesh... Yak lechi? (sorry... Don't know how to spell it in Polish, just the English phonetic version...  I can, however, get my face slapped in Polish!)  Your cardboard tanks are fantastic.  Prettier than a supermodel's dupa!

• 2 weeks later...