Meng Bradley M2A3 1/35

1 hour ago, Mr Bowcat said:

Cheers Gents. :)

CK, RealTree is so last year, it's all about the Kryptek now. ;):D

Am I right in thinking you are the gent who serves on the Bradley?

Agree on the Kyrptek.  And yes I’m the Bradley guy.  Just parked one a few minutes ago actually.

Excellent, what a fantastic job to have.

Can I ask you a question about the Bradley that I haven't been able to figure out? To the left of the drivers position on the kit theres a piece that looks like a horizonatal drum or something (circled in the picture below). What is it?

38084367992_6495b7bc66_b.jpg

Cheers,

B'Cat

Edited by Mr Bowcat

Fantastic... I have to say, the interior looks amazing and it might be interesting to build something like this for the sake of knowing all the stuff inside. But after that it is just a shame to cover all the great effort. Like you said.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bowcat said:

Excellent, what a fantastic job to have.

Can I ask you a question about the Bradley that I haven't been able to figure out? To the left of the drivers position on the kit theres a piece that looks like a horizonatal drum or something (circled in the picture below). What is it?

38084367992_6495b7bc66_b.jpg

Cheers,

B'Cat

If I remember right it’s part of the fire suppression system.  I’ll dig out my manual tonight and look. I spend all my time in the turret, so other then the most basic driving functions, the driver’s hole is a mystery to me.  I served my time as a driver in a humvee, didn’t move to a Brad until much later in my career.  

• Like 1

A fantastic build and great paintwork. It looks very realistic with that subtle weathering.

I was disappointed with the first set of photos with the very distracting backdrop overpowering the Bradley IMHO. (I know, how can camo be distracting and overpowering?) I'd have preferred a plain background, or a desert scene.

But then you have provided plenty of detail shots, which kind of made up for it.

BTW, it's great to see that you have had your question answered by someone who actually drives around in one!

Rearguards,

Badder

Nope, I'm English, but yes I hunt a bit, I also shoot Civilian Service Rifle competitions with an AR-15.

Edited to add: Coincidentally, both my AR-15's are also Bradleys, built by Bradley Arms, London. :)

38079277156_26fac28fe2_b.jpg

Edited by Mr Bowcat

Yep, the Vortex Viper 1-4 in a ADM cantilever mount. I shoot Service Optic, so limited to x4.5. That AR also has a Geisselle match trigger, Daniel Defense quad rail and Magpul furniture. You might notice the strange addition to the bolt group, that's because we are not allowed semi-auto in anything bigger than .22LR (I also have a semi AR in .22), to get round this our bigger cal AR's are straight pulls, so the gas mechanism is removed and a cocking handle bolted directly to the bolt.

The hunting I do is just pests (rabbit, pigeon, crow, etc). Getting a licence to shoot bigger game involves first securing land to shoot over (with the landowners permission) and then getting you licence changed to permit shooting over land (as opposed to at approved ranges, which is what I am currently licensed for). Of course getting permission from someone  to shoot over their land is incredibly difficult, but people that have permission shoot anything from foxes up to deer.

Our gun laws are some of the most restrictive in the world (you should see what we have to put up with for pistols), but bizarrely unlike most of the US it's fairly easy for us to get suppressors.

Edited by Mr Bowcat