Matchbox Spitfire 1/72.

Steve, Steve, Steeeeeve!!

Just the way I remember and love Matchbox from back in the day. :)

She looks resplendent on her "M" shaped clear stand!

I'm going to head over to the group build and find out what's going on.

Top stuff and thanks for posting 

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

That brings back memories ,I remember pestering my dad to buy me one at the Model Engineering exhibition at Wembley Conference centre ,I built it straight from the box ,unpainted .

I went and bought one a few weeks ago ,ah the nostalgia :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Brilliant job on that Steve, it looks so "right". Is this the boxing that had the insert for the low back XVI too? Seeing that makes me sorry I go shot of mine. :(

Steve.

As was mentioned Steve this was the earlier kit with no low back option,sealed new boxing's of the low back can be picked up for under £8 which might

be a thought for a future build,great to see somany folk with fond memories of these kit's and a good few with Matchbox kit's gathering dust in stashes

you know what I'm going to say...........................Get em out and join the GB!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 11:53 AM, stevej60 said:

those of us of a certain age must have ran home from the newsagent's to have a crack at this kit

Nodding and grinning like a Cheshire cat at that statement. :D

I’ve said before here on Britmodeller, that as a nipper I always preferred Matchbox kits over Airfix.

Your first photo brought back happy memories of a childhood filled with smelly tins of ‘Silver fox’ and Britfix77.

On 11/3/2017 at 4:21 AM, kapam said:

Don't laugh, but the "two- and three-colours of plastic" was a big selling point to youngsters at the time.

Oh yes. Plus the fact that they seemed to fit better, and had less flash than their Airfix cousins.

Mart

• Like 1