Another NASCAR build finished today. 

Fqa80wg.jpg

fCk8fOo.jpg

vlFdJmM.jpg

ne7FgaU.jpg

NXcm0LW.jpg

VmsvttU.jpg

u17v23i.jpg

So why the title ? - couple of years back I posted three NASCAR builds in quick succession - Keefr22 was very complimentary and we chatted about NASCAR modelling (as you do). Next thing is, Keith has bagged-up and sent a whole slue of unused and very rare AM decal sheets all the way down here to New Zealand without asking for any payment but asking that I promise to 'put them to good use'. Just now I'm really in to race-car modelling in general and NASCAR building in particular so it was easy to keep my promise and here's the first of 'Keith's builds'.

Dale Earnhardt Jnr. raced a couple of times in the Winston Cup '99 season but his first full rookie year was 2000. This is his 2000 car from the Revell kit, painted as usual with Tamiya acrylic straight from the rattle-can (the interior is Xtracolour enamels). After two brushed, yes brushed coats of Johnsons Klear, I applied the excellent JWTBM decals and sealed them with another two coats of Johnsons. I'll wax polish the model in a few days once it is fully dried/cured. Finished just in-time for a competition here on Armistice weekend (same as the Telford Nationals). Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, please feel free to ask any questions or make any criticism. My sincere thanks to Keith for the decals and I will be doing another 'Keith Car' very soon.

AFN

Ian.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Big NASCAR fan here - awesome model, beautifully done.

I love how you realigned the front wheels off the straight-ahead pose.

How difficult was that?

BTW, big hats-off to the guy who sent you all those decals.  What a great friend!

:goodjob:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kapam said:

Big NASCAR fan here - I love how you realigned the front wheels off the straight-ahead pose. How difficult was that?

BTW, big hats-off to the guy who sent you all those decals.  What a great friend!

Thanks matey... Because I drill-out & widen the location holes in the rear hub - to get the wheels to sit neatly under the bodyshell - there's always a little 'give', for some reason on this build there was more 'give' than usual so I thought... 'why not offset the wheels for a change ?'  Bl**dy glad I did, at last weekends' show here everyone commented on how good it looks !!

Yep, Keefr22 is a star !

Ian.

Edited by Ian
  • Thanks 1