This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

rockpopandchips

AMT B1 Battledroid - Mister Bones

Cheers James, all the masking is done by eye only and after that lot i had enough so i painted this tonight. I need to sharpen up one or two spots but im happy with it.

2017-12-13_08-06-43

I pulled the arm off as well as i decided i didnt like the little tab you can see on his right elbow.

You'll have to start a masking masterclass! That came out really well. Like you say, a coiple of areas that need a bit of a touch up, but I'm impressed. Getting close to the finish line now.

Cheers you three your all much to kind, going to pick up some of the tamiya tape for curves on the way home to see if makes live a bit easier when masking the head and around the hip parts.

He's starting to look just like I imagined he would when reading the books, great work with the masking and painting.

Looking forward to seeing this over the finish line.

On 21/12/2017 at 1:03 PM, Madmonk said:

He's starting to look just like I imagined he would when reading the books, great work with the masking and painting.

Looking forward to seeing this over the finish line.

Thanks a lot really glad your liking it.

Just about finished with the backpack so i can finish putting him and the wiring together.

20171222_162029_1.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips

I couldn't find any inspiration to start tge bones today so i went and made a start on a base because heis not the most stable on his feet.

I used a bit of kingspan with lashings of PVA.

20171223_114944.jpg

Bit more work on the base, covered wil filler, a fine sand cover then a bit of sharp sand and some smaller rocks and all overed in PVA and a rib cage for interest.

20171223_142845.jpg

20171224_092135.jpg

20171224_110437.jpg

3 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

He looks so cool! And the base is looking good, the rib cage is a nice litte touch 

Cheers.

This is it finished.

20171224_165048.jpg

20171224_165114.jpg

On 24/12/2017 at 5:11 PM, Mike said:

That's looking proper nice, that ^_^

:santa:

Thanks a lot.

Now on the the slow process of making some bones and it has taken me quite a bit of trial and error to get a few that i like.  Here is the best i have so far but they won't all make the cut.

20171227_121012

These made on to Mister Bones tooth bracelet. I hope they look like teeth to you, as i can not decide if they are long sharp teeth ot flat molers with long roots?

20171226_115311

That eye detail looks fantastic. The bones are really great too, and that base, wow. You are a very talented individual. 

Can I assume that the loose black thread/cotton/wire on his right shoulder will be pulled tight to show how he's attached the bone to the shoulder? If so, I love it. Will you be doing something similar for the bones on the head?

Cheers James but youre much too kind.

Yep sorting out the cotton and and made a leather strap from masking tape today, nearly finished now.

Im very pleased with the leather look.

2017-12-30_09-51-24

Thats it he is finished, its been a great fun build this one and i have enjoyed it a lot. I think looking at him now i wouldn't change that much, the bones on the heat a little thick and i could have made more of an effort with the backpack, i would have done more with the leather straps now i know they look ok but tnis is my version of Mister Bones. I will try and get some better picture later today.

2017-12-31_10-53-35