Fujimi F7U-3m 1/72

Evening all. Here is my build of the Fujimi F7U-3m. This was started about 6 years ago but stalled a few times whenever I got to a tricky bit. Overall it's a really good kit which fits reasonably well. I was pleased to finish it as I haven't finished one in a year. Anyways here are some pics. 

31_FF6720-_D16_C-4077-9_ABA-525166_E237_

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Hi Almac,

great looking Cutlass. The first US Navy jet with afterburners definitely deserves a place in a collection.

It is a coincidence as no later than this afternoon I was toying with the plan to order this very same kit from my LHS. Looking at the result, I may just do it.

Great build and Congrats

JR

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your comments guys. Antoine I didn’t take any other pics so that’s why they are all from the top. I’ll take more pics when I can.

Cheers Allan

• Like 1

Very nice little kit and you did a great job!!!

I had also started building this kit as you did 6 years ago, but never got the chance to finish it. Then, I've decided to change the markings but unfortunately Fujimi provides the basic stencils for only one aircraft:wonder:

Fortunately, I've found the sheet on "EvilBay", and now the kit is on my bench again!

Cheers

Shalako 

• Thanks 1

While the Cutlass may not have been very successful IRL, she's definitely a unique and attractive shape, well demonstrated by your neat build.

I've been attracted by the Cutlass since a very tender age, when pictures appeared in a comic magazine of some sort. Now I have to make a loft excavation to find my unbuilt kit!

Good job!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

Very nice build of a less common subject. The Fujumi kit is very good kit especially as it is about 30 years old and I remember it being a good build. 

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Hello Almac,

Beautiful model. It brought me back to the early sixty's. I had a US carrier, I think the USS Forrestal from Revell. It had these tiny aircraft in the box.

I was already then fascinated by the strange shape and the extra long nose wheel gear.

Almac, my compliments. Regards, Orion/The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Cookie, Orion and FAAMAN for your comments. I was surprised to see them almost a year after posting the pictures.

Cheers Allan

Very nice Cutlass. I built one of those around 30 years ago for one of my sons. It came out rather well. As I recall it was avery nice kit to make, and the quality of detail was pretty good , even now.

Terry

• Thanks 1