T-55 mod. 1963 test-build (MiniArt)

• 2 weeks later...

That camo must have been a nightmare to paint.  How did you do it?

I have a tough time doing the German 3 color camo but yours is waaaay beyond that.  Amazing and the subtle weathering sets it off just right.

I'm starting to get a thing for these Soviet AFVs and this one is right up there.

Lloyd

• Like 1

Please hurry up with a Tiran 5Sh, MiniArt.  You know you want to!  I want a pair, one for an SLA APC-55 conversion - although the T4 would work for that as the conversion kit has a full turret.  And probably an interior-detail T-55 too, for an open-top SLA APC.

And when will the promised Tiran 4Sh be available, and will it have the 105mm gun barrel in the box for an IDF version (4Sh with 100mm is SLA-only)?  And will there be an early Tiran 4 as shown in the background on the box art (with spider wheel option, please)?

Flexing the plastic already...................!!

On 13.11.2017 at 9:16 AM, BlackMax12 said:

That camo must have been a nightmare to paint.  How did you do it?

I have a tough time doing the German 3 color camo but yours is waaaay beyond that.  Amazing and the subtle weathering sets it off just right.

I'm starting to get a thing for these Soviet AFVs and this one is right up there.

Lloyd

Thanks

Stages of painting the model:

hTOyv.jpg
YNtIn.jpg
8hUa6.jpg
K0LxT.jpg
YDgz3.jpg
dhNZk.jpg
l3zmX.jpg
uaoxH.jpg
oYXnW.jpg
2AKcR.jpg
gycZF.jpg

QfMX0.jpg
sNvLM.jpg
pG3UI.jpg
u9wLV.jpg
CfA83.jpg
xqp3s.jpg
SG52L.jpg
TvmIN.jpg
5ljRh.jpg
VE9b7.jpg
vRsKF.jpg
78FX2.jpg
PL8Es.jpg

• Like 1

On 14.11.2017 at 4:44 PM, Das Abteilung said:

Please hurry up with a Tiran 5Sh, MiniArt.  You know you want to!  I want a pair, one for an SLA APC-55 conversion - although the T4 would work for that as the conversion kit has a full turret.  And probably an interior-detail T-55 too, for an open-top SLA APC.

And when will the promised Tiran 4Sh be available, and will it have the 105mm gun barrel in the box for an IDF version (4Sh with 100mm is SLA-only)?  And will there be an early Tiran 4 as shown in the background on the box art (with spider wheel option, please)?

Flexing the plastic already...................!!

there will be different types of Tiran-4, even more than you expect :-)