Fokker D.XXI - 1/72 Matchbox

I would like to present to you my last completed project. It's Fokker D.XXI, the Dutch Air Force. The model is an old Matchbox, which is very dear to me, as well as most of their models. I did not often see this plane on forums, so it was an additional motivation for me to make it. Here's the picture. Enjoy.

FOKKER_D_XXI_Matchbox_2.jpg

FOKKER_D_XXI_Matchbox_3.jpg

FOKKER_D_XXI_Matchbox_6.jpg

FOKKER_D_XXI_Matchbox_7.jpg

FOKKER_D_XXI_Matchbox_9.jpg

FOKKER_D_XXI_Matchbox_12.jpg

FOKKER_D_XXI_Matchbox_13.jpg

FOKKER_D_XXI_Matchbox_14.jpg

FOKKER_D_XXI_Matchbox_15.jpg

• Like 19

I dont think its actually a Matchbox mould. It came out round about the time when they were transitioning to Revell ownership. I think it might be the "Pioneer" kit reboxed. I still have a Pioneer kit somewhere I think. Being Revell maybe its an old Frog job? 

HTH John H

• Like 1

Lovely build of this rather exotic fighter and kit.

It is not a Matchbox kit, this kit comes from PM or Pioneer. After Revell took over Matchbox they selled some other kits under the Matchbox label.

• Like 1

Iteresting model. I like your interpetation of Dutch colours - what it is exactly? 

The  D XXI by Frog is one of oldest model standing on the shelves... I did it some 45 years ago.  Frankly  speaking I had not remebered Matchbox Fokker D XXI - however I was wrong, it was existing but this was rebox of old Pioneer mould indeed - then also produced by PM as I've just checked here: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/146584-pm-model-pm-201-fokker-d-xxi

Love the paint scheme!!!

My only suggestion would be that you need to be a little more careful when you paint the windscreen/canopy parts of a kit.

Looking forward for your next model!

Cheers

Shalako

• Like 1