F-15D "Baz" update ###Finished 6-1-2018###

Arniec

This is a leftover from the F-15 GB.

I will start this one up after the Telford show.

Here is the link of what alread has been done.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

I have finally painted the model. The second color was done free hand with my evolution airbrush.

Here is a picture with the first color on. I did this yesterday.The paint was from Gunze  and used was H308. 

As you can see there is no paint on the nose jet. This is totally covert with the second color later. 

IMG_4198

And here are some pictures after I painted the second coat on. This was Gunze H307. The contrast between the two colors is difficult to see, but that has more to do with the limitations of my camera.

IMG_4205IMG_4204IMG_4207IMG_4208IMG_4209IMG_4210

Now the paint needs to dry for a couple of hours and then I can give her a coat of Klear. This is a preparation to place the decals tomorrow.

I also started spraying the missiles. I will post a picture when these are finished as well.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 2

I thought today to put some decals on and then I remembered that I first needed to do the metal work near the engine exhausts. 

So out came the tape and the paint to do it. I used as a base color Tamiya titanium silver and gave it a very thin coat of clear orange and clear blue.

In the end I also used some pastel black and rust.These are also from a Tamiya (weathering set).

Here are some pictures.

IMG_4212IMG_4213IMG_4215IMG_4214

I also did the missiles.

the Sparrow

IMG_4220

and the sidewinder.

IMG_4221

I have given these again a coat of Klear to save all the work and now I hope to start tomorrow the decalling after I have painted the wheel bays white including the landing gear.

Cheers, 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...