Douglas A-20G Havoc

GREG DESTEC

Well, here goes build number 3,

The Green Hornet. I have never built this kit before, and am hoping for as good an experience as the Bf 110.

There will be a little bit of extra work involved with this one as the upper gun turret consists of a plain plastic disc to hold the gunners blister plus the guns.

Here come the obligatory box and sprues shots....

38018746316_39fe035333_z.jpgIMG_2566 by

38072037661_e0ba8e985c_z.jpgIMG_2565 by

26295805709_01b7369c3b_z.jpgIMG_2567 by

37362477474_0e46cc03c7_z.jpgIMG_2568 by

24219276598_4388fa8961_z.jpgIMG_2569 by

Lovely box art on this kit, and transfers permitting will be the version i build. Theres a couple of progress shots thrown in, and so far all the parts have fitted perfectly.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers Greg:D

• Like 11

Greg, 

Great choice for #3... at this rate you'll have more than 10 built and awaiting votes in the Gallery! 

I once owned a Chinese copy of this kit. I have to say that for a 'copy' the moulds were really lovely and the decals were very crisp and 'useable' with the French roundels all in perfect register.

Once again I sold this kit when I was convinced by a good modelling friend that Tamiya 1/48 kits were the way to go? - I regret that decision still today.

Yet another one to watch within this great GB.

Come to think of it, we may need to start a 'PK-' list of what's being built (and already built) in the general chat section as this list is looking fairly long and illustrious.

Should I get the chance to add another myself, I'll try to pick something that no one else is doing.

Cheers.. Dave    

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Greg, 

Great choice for #3... at this rate you'll have more than 10 built and awaiting votes in the Gallery! 

I once owned a Chinese copy of this kit. I have to say that for a 'copy' the moulds were really lovely and the decals were very crisp and 'useable' with the French roundels all in perfect register.

Once again I sold this kit when I was convinced by a good modelling friend that Tamiya 1/48 kits were the way to go? - I regret that decision still today.

Yet another one to watch within this great GB.

Come to think of it, we may need to start a 'PK-' list of what's being built (and already built) in the general chat section as this list is looking fairly long and illustrious.

Should I get the chance to add another myself, I'll try to pick something that no one else is doing.

Cheers.. Dave    

Hi Dave,

It would be great to see an example of every PK issue built in the GB. That would really be something! 😮 

Cheers Greg 

Time for an update.

Despite the time lag on my posts i have not been idle:D

38276548782_2aefa90f63_z.jpgIMG_2570 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/phot

38276574792_24cae58a57_z.jpgIMG_2571 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos

24437747068_eb19e738a3_z.jpgIMG_2572 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/

38276598272_c34293c705_z.jpgIMG_2573 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/

38253328296_f92f46b805_z.jpgIMG_2574 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/

So far i have done a little internal detailing as you can see from the first few pics. After that i have buttoned up the fuselage, and added the wings, tail planes and the engine nacelles. Snippes of soft lead filled the nose section to keep her from tail dragging.

More photos will follow, and i am now at the painting stage. A good build so far and i shouldn't be too much longer with this one.

Thanks for looking, 

Cheers Greg

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, mike romeo said:

I recognise that box...nice to see it getting the tlc it deserves.

Regards

Martin

Thanks Martin,

You may also see the Mitchell before this GB is finished.

Cheers Greg 😉

• Like 2

Hi Greg. Sorry to be a bit late to the party - not been visiting the GB section much recently - but luckily I noticed Craig's T-34 in the Armour RFI section. Great job so far on this project Greg! :thumbsup::popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Sorry to be a bit late to the party - not been visiting the GB section much recently - but luckily I noticed Craig's T-34 in the Armour RFI section. Great job so far on this project Greg! :thumbsup::popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix,

Craig's T_34 is a real beauty, and there's a couple on nice Jagdpanthers too. I see you are on an armour trip at the moment but I guess Matchbox will always be more an aircraft type GB as they produced more of those than any other genre.

All the best Greg

• Like 1

And here it is -FINISHED...

38443277506_2b1a054100_z.jpgIMG_2585 by G DSC, on Flickr

So thats build number 3 completed. A good kit but not as easy as the 110. The engine cowlings did not fit cleanly and required a bit of fettling to place. I can see why many like this particular Matchbox model as it certainly looks like a Havoc when built up. Well done again to Matchbox for the transfers which went on great.

What to do next......?

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Greg ;)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1