Touch 'n' Flow - Filler Bottles

ChocksAway

Chaps

Anyone found a replacement for the filler bottle that comes with the Touch 'n' Flow applicator?    I don't mean the branded one, the cheapest of which I can find is about £8.50 with postage (strike a light, they're taking the mickey!), but an equivalent plastic bottle on FleaBay etc., with the right size top that doesn't require a mortgage to purchase? 

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, ChocksAway said:

Chaps

Anyone found a replacement for the filler bottle that comes with the Touch 'n' Flow applicator?    I don't mean the branded one, the cheapest of which I can find is about £8.50 with postage (strike a light, they're taking the mickey!), but an equivalent plastic bottle on FleaBay etc., with the right size top that doesn't require a mortgage to purchase? 

Thanks in advance.

Buy Mr Cement S or Tamiya Thin, Chocks. Does a better job and one advert I saw recently £3:50 a bottle.

Tried touch and flow and for me, it just is not in the same league as the above.

Laurie

Another consideration. I found when I used it that Touch and Flow it pitted the plastic & showed through the paint work.

Tamiya and especially Mr Cement S do very little damage to the plastic and which does not show through paintwork.

Laurie

I'm confused.  Permanently, but I'm especially confused by you talking about "filler bottle" in respect of a touch-n-flow, which I thought was the little glass tube with a piece of micro-tubing caulked into the end of it that you use to syphon up glue to apply to your seams. The instructions tell you to dip your tube in the glue, and let it fill naturally - there was no "filler bottle" back in my day.  Is this a different product, or has technology moved on? :hmmm:

What is this filler bottle, touch and flow? Got a link please?

I might need one..

Edited by bzn20

Thanks for replies. In response ...

Glues are horses for courses. I've used Tamiya Extra Thin and sometimes find it not strong enough in the bond. Yes PlasticWeld can be aggressive if not used carefully, so I like the option to use both as required.

Here's a link Here to the product and description of use.

35 minutes ago, ChocksAway said:

In response

Thought it might be..

Go to an E Cig shop an ask for/ look at the filler bottles with tube cover used to fill E Cig liquid Tanks. Under £3.50. Can't say they'll fit in with the other kit but you'll know when you see one

Thanks all for your responses .... I shall pursue some lines of enquiry as it is said.

Meantime, I've found a fix with a syringe and a piece of rubber tubing (don't ask!) that seems to do the same job. 

Fortunately it means my Harrier build can return to production and hopefully meet the SMW deadline.