This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

I have had this beast on my bench for months now and I have been taking pictures of the progression I have been making on it. The only problem is that I haven't uploaded them so I have over 100 pictures that need to be shared. I have been doing my best to make the tank as historically accurate as possible thanks to the book. 

IMG_0526IMG_0567

IMG_0570

IMG_0624IMG_0643IMG_0646

IMG_0685IMG_0687IMG_0689

IMG_0712

IMG_0713

IMG_0714

IMG_0719

IMG_0721IMG_0754IMG_0756

It took many many many hours and a lot of bending over the dest to achieve the detail seen, but there are still many more hours needed to be invested into this kit before it starts to shape up. 

Hi Mark

I just noticed you drilled out the holes in the battery box covers.  I did too and after painting and gluing them in place I thought why didn't I add screens or mesh inside the holes to keep stuff from falling in on top of the batteries.

Too late for me but if you haven't glued the covers on you might want to try that.  Drop a wrench, short out the battery and burn the tank down, all in a day's adventures.

BTW what is the long box for to the right of the turret traversing gearbox ?  That's MIA in the kit.

Lloyd

Hi lloyd.

Ill definitely look into puting mesh over the batteries, and the long box next to the turret traversing gearbox is actually a place for all tye misc tools that would be needed for quick access to parts of the tank, if im not mistaken. And i also noticed that it was missing right off the bat, because right before I started this beast I built 2 Takom King tigers and they both had the tool box. So this is one of many “mistakes” made by trumpeter in this kit. 

Mark   

Pretty nice build there with all your extra detailing! A pleasure to read through it an looking at your photos.

Keep it up.

Oh dear, another master at work.

I'll be slipping a disc again with all the bowing.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks, Blaubar

Many more small wires to add to the model, and many more headaches. In the long run, it will be worth it.  

Mark

2 hours ago, Mark Hoffmanly said:

Thanks, Blaubar

Many more small wires to add to the model, and many more headaches. In the long run, it will be worth it.  

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have progressive nerve damage in my hands and feet, so unfortunately I doubt I'll ever be able to match your super-detailing. Obviously I don't use my feet to make models, but you know what I mean. I am always envious of people like yourself who are not only capable of such detailing, but can also be bothered to do it, especially with the internals which usually get hidden away.

So, how do you intend to display this work of art?

Rearguards,

Badder

Sorry to hear about that,  but my plan for displaying the tank and all of its interior and detail is leaving the upper hull unglued so that I can slip it on and off when the time arises, and for the turret, I had cut off the turret roof to allow easy access to the interior of the turret and some of the turret basket. But for the most part you will only be able to see the exterior of the tank in the display case unless I chose otherwise. 

Mark

Awesome job until now!!!, When finished with this level of detail, it will be a museum piece ...:popcorn:

Cheers Mark :yes:

On 11/4/2017 at 6:11 PM, LONGSHANKS2966 said:

Top notch........looking forward to seeing the end result 

On 11/5/2017 at 6:48 AM, FrancisGL said:

Awesome job until now!!!, When finished with this level of detail, it will be a museum piece ...:popcorn:

Cheers Mark :yes:

Thanks, guys, currently taking a break from this beast for a while, currently burnt out on it so I don't want to force myself to continue otherwise it won't be up to my standard of quality.

Mark 

Hi Mark

I know where you're at, sometimes I just want to chuck it all, especially partway through a project with no end in sight.

Take care,

Lloyd

I have about 3-4 other kits with interiors in 1/35 so this headache will be bothering me for a while after this KT. Especially with all the new Panthers that are soon to be released. 

Mark 

I am going to take a nice long break before I even start back on the KT, my goal is to be back on the KT around Christmas. 

Mark