Boultbee Spitfire Tr.9 - AZ Model 1/72

CedB

Spit is in the final stage Ced.  Looks great and interested to see your Harvard build.

Wonder if these new tools you guys get would help me with the checkers on the Texan I got a flight in.  The whole cowl is covered in the things and they thin out as you get near the front.

Not looking forward to attempting to mask the things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philp said:

Not looking forward to attempting to mask the things.

I would, but better do it in two stages and use Tamiya Tape for Curves. Disclaimer :wink: : I hate decals and cannot even think of messing around with a two or even three partitioned decal for an entire cowl, whatever the scale :frantic: 

Sorry for the drift, Ced

Ciao

• Like 3

Thanks Gents for your kind comments :)

We're nearly there but here's a quick pre-demasking (no idea where to put the hyphen there) post while I drink my coffee.

John (Whofan) sorry, no, I haven't been to Aerospace since before Christmas. Waiting to see if I get one of the 'collections' posts then I'll have a think about it. I've downloaded the Portillo episode though and I'll have a look later; thanks for the heads up.

Biggles - Vicki is obviously a keeper; what a lovely thought. I'm sure you'll have a great time at Duxford and the Classic Wings guys are great. I suggest you let them know you're an ex flying type chap and they might let you play with more things! Get the video as well - worth the extra just for the memories - and let me know if you need help editing it :)

Thanks Benedikt and Bill for your exceptionally kind comments :blush:

Cookie I'll try out the PixScan mat on the Harvard decals, although they are small so I'm not convinced - yet :)

Phil let us see a picture (or link) of the Harvard and I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas. :)

Giorgio please don't worry about thread drifts; they're the best bits! :D

I've sprayed the satin varnish and it's drying now.

I was going to use my cheap AB as I usually do with nasty stuff but it was jammed, despite my thorough cleaning regime (ahem).

I have a can of 'Spray Craft Airbrush Cleaner' recommended by Paul and I use it for deep cleans. Of course it's always used with a very light push to get some fluid in the cup so the gas has run out before the contents. Although I have another can, at £5 a pop I thought it worth investigating if I could remove the remaining contents. I found these on the 'net:

On the ScienceForums.net: Aerosol Can refilling (no Idiots Please!)

On YouTube: Refill flat AEROSOL Spray Cans

Right. The question is, with my tongue firmly in my cheek, should I try one of these, or puncturing the can to get the contents out?

Or should I just throw the can in the recycling and use the new can?

And avoid blowing my fingers off for £5?

Life eh? Full of difficult decisions...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Right. The question is, with my tongue firmly in my cheek, should I try one of these,

NO!

or puncturing the can to get the contents out?

NO! NO! NO!

Or should I just throw the can in the recycling and use the new can?

YES

• Like 2

Thanks Jon - quite right. I'll use the new can then, probably better safe than sorry :)

Thanks Johnny and Bill - yes, I got away with most of it. So much so that she's now, finally, in the RFI.

As always thanks to everyone for your help, support and company during this build, one of my longest and probably most challenging.

Special thanks to Bill for the time and effort he put into helping with the transfers - really appreciated.

That said the kit was fine.

Most of the pain was my lack of knowledge of graphics editing and printing but now I think I know what I need to know.

Dangerous.

I've started work on the Wacky Wabbit Harvard and I'll post a new WiP later and a link to it here.

Thanks again guys, it's been educational. Certainly taught me a lesson...

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, CedB said:

As always thanks to everyone for your help, support and company during this build, one of my longest and probably most challenging.

Hello, looks great in the Rfi. So I guess  you will be out for a beer tonight. Here is a little  map of some pubs in your area:

26168255_10159858241225584_1172837582939

http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/tsp/pubs/index.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, bbudde said:

Here is a little  map of some pubs in your area:

They don't seem many, do they?

:rofl: 

Excellent job, Ced. I greatly enjoyed the ride :worthy:  :clap: 

Ciao

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Phew. Just managed to catch up. Wonderful save Ced, glad you managed to get the paint off. Next time just add a few more bits of tape. I’ve seen some use post it notes. Cheap as chips and no drama for Johnny.:lol: regardless she looks great. I’m headed over to the RFI to see what that canopy looks like. Thanks again for a great build Sir Ced. :hobbyhorse:

Jont.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Benedikt - what a lot of pubs! :D

Thanks Giorgio, especially for your help during the build - appreciated! :)

Thanks Johnny - Bill is already educating me on the need to protect from overspray. I may even remember next time :D

WiP started on Wacky Wabbit here. Come on over!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...