Minor clog quite quickly on H&S Infinity

dominic_2005

Hiya folks, quick question for you.

After spending almost 2 years fiddling around with cheap chinese airbrushes, (and compressors to match), purely to learn about airbrushing, I recently decided that I could see the potential in airbrushing, and decided to invest.

After about 3 months of trawling various sites and tutorials and watching countless YT videos over and over, and comparing airbrushes.....I got myself a Badger compressor (with tank), which was an opportunist buy as my local shop offered me a wee discount on it. Perfectly happy with it.

Airbrush wise I grabbed an Harder & Steenbeck Infinity CRPlus 2 in 1 #2 Airbrush (.2 and .4 nozzles)...and so far, I love it. I can definitely see the difference between the chinese knockoffs.

Anyway, I've got sidetracked here. My first use of it on a kit was to lay down a few coats of primer on a couple of parts. I used Ultimate's Primer with a 50/50 mix with Ultimate's thinner. It went down lovely, no issues there. What I did notice is the time it took me after placing my airbrush down, putting my three small parts aside to dry, when I came back to clean my airbrush, I already had a clog at the needle. This was within say, 90 seconds at most.

Now being I am quite inexperienced, is this to be expected? Is my ratio wrong? Not enough thinners? Too much?

Wasn't a major hassle to strip, clean, rebuild.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

D

I clean mine immediately after each paint change. Basically clogging happens because of small imperfections of the needle that makes it possible for tiny particles of paint to stick to it. Keep your needle clean and well polished. I'm a bit surprised that it happens to a brand new airbrush though