Italeri 1/32 F-104G Hellenic Air Force Completed

This is my entry for this group build, the Italeri 1/32 F-104G

I have had this kit for a few months now and have been adding bits to it for the build

The model will be finished as one from the Hellenic Air Force using Bombshell Brew Paint

IMG_0467

IMG_0493

IMG_0489

IMG_0492

IMG_0469

IMG_0471

IMG_0473

IMG_0488

• Like 6

23 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Very, very nice choice.

Greek Starfighters came in a variety of schemes and with varying degrees of weathering, any idea which you will be going for?

Not sure yet but will be either 715 using the kit decals for the serial numbers and everything else from the Icarus decal sheet or 734 using the Icarus decals

• Like 1

Well after a week its time for an update, I have been working on the cockpit, the main landing bay and the engine

As the only thing you will see of the engine is the rear end all I have painted is what will be seen

IMG_0574

IMG_0575

IMG_0576

IMG_0577

IMG_0580

IMG_0584

IMG_0588

IMG_0589

IMG_0591

IMG_0593

IMG_0596

IMG_0598IMG_0601

IMG_0606

IMG_0608

IMG_0610

• Like 9

On 15/11/2017 at 5:25 AM, Mike Mcellaney said:

Hi James , that was AK Extreme Metal Aluminium over a Mr Finishing Surfacer1500 Black Primer

I've just tried them for the first time on my build. I have to say I was impressed with the results. I just went onto the bare plastic but you've got much more depth to your finish with the black base. I'll do that next time.

Look forward to seeing more progress.

James

Well I have had a bit of a set back on this one, when fitting the cockpit I went a bit too far with the Dremel and went right through the side of the fuselage 

This was Saturday morning, so I went on line, ordered another kit and received it an hour ago curtsey of DPD

This time no resin cockpit but can still use the seat, so lets start again 

On 20/11/2017 at 06:04, Mike Mcellaney said:

Well I have had a bit of a set back on this one, when fitting the cockpit I went a bit too far with the Dremel and went right through the side of the fuselage 

This was Saturday morning, so I went on line, ordered another kit and received it an hour ago curtsey of DPD

This time no resin cockpit but can still use the seat, so lets start again 

Ouch, I'm still in the middle of shoehorning the Aires pit in.  I have seen it done, but its getting to be a bit thin in areas on the resin and the plastic (its sitting in the box again for a couple of months whilst I ponder it!).  

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, Greg B said:

Ouch, I'm still in the middle of shoehorning the Aires pit in.  I have seen it done, but its getting to be a bit thin in areas on the resin and the plastic (its sitting in the box again for a couple of months hi whilst I ponder it!).  

Hi Greg, and I thought it was just me going a bit OTT with the Dremel

I agree it is very tight fit and I had the same problem the pit sides and bottom you could see light through them and the fuselage sides were not that much better as I found out

Well going to call this update ROUND 2 of the build

The cockpit tub and instrument panel is the kit with just some added knobs from plastic card on the right hand side

Airscale decals used for the instruments 

The seat was salvaged from the Aries pit with RBF tag added plus some additional bits from the Eduard photo etch set for the seat belts

The seat framework is from the Eduard seat

The electronics bay behind the seat is from the kit with again Airscale placards added, still got to add wiring to this area

Cockpit and bay fitted, fuselage joined, joints sanded, primer to check the joints and second fill

This has now been sanded, primed and checked, some areas will still need more filling, this will be done with BONDO GLAZING & SPOT PUTTY 

IMG_0641

IMG_0646

IMG_0663

IMG_0669

IMG_0621

IMG_0628

IMG_0695

IMG_0699

IMG_0700

IMG_0703

IMG_0705

IMG_0717