Grumman F9F-8 Cougar 1:72

Great looking Cougar,

I still have this kit in the stash, bought in Richmond, near London, for just under 1 Pound in 1982... I love this scheme.

Congrats

JR

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Replicant,

Ausgezeichnet! Another excellent build! Sure do like your choice of colors and markings, too. Sehr schon, mein freund! Now you need to do the Sword TF-9J!

Mike 

Thank you very much, Mike!

If you like, i will show my other grumman Cats and american stuff too! But first i have to shoot them....

(look at the background sisters, ignore the almost scratch (not Trumpeter!) Hyper Sabre....

Thomas

f107_0016

• Like 2

Is that 8th FBG F-80 the Sword or the Airfix kit? Either way, it's a beaut! My father was with the 8th during Korea, so their Mustangs, Sabres, and Shooting Stars are near and dear to my heart. Your F-107A looks great, too! Nice collection! (We lived in Wiesbaden for three years in the sixties when my Dad was stationed there...loved going to  the Nurburgring, especially when the Chevy  Chaparral won the 1000k in 1966!)

Mike

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Is that 8th FBG F-80 the Sword or the Airfix kit? Either way, it's a beaut! My father was with the 8th during Korea, so their Mustangs, Sabres, and Shooting Stars are near and dear to my heart. Your F-107A looks great, too! Nice collection! (We lived in Wiesbaden for three years in the sixties when my Dad was stationed there...loved going to  the Nurburgring, especially when the Chevy  Chaparral won the 1000k in 1966!)

Mike

It´s the Airfix Spirit of Hobo. I will show. I like your taste!!! I love Chevys too! Nordschleife is a little far for me, but cars can have fun in Bavaria too! I always dream of making a USAFE Frankfurt C-124!

DSC_3891

• Like 1