Revell 2018

modelldoc

I have no problem with Revell reissuing older kits and, I guess they have good reasons for the chosen items. Personally, I'd love to see the Heinkel He-177, Junkers Ju-290, Fw-200 and, Breguet Atlantic reappear!! Ah well! All good things come to those that wait :think:

Allan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

I have no problem with Revell reissuing older kits and, I guess they have good reasons for the chosen items. Personally, I'd love to see the Heinkel He-177, Junkers Ju-290, Fw-200 and, Breguet Atlantic reappear!! Ah well! All good things come to those that wait :think:

Allan

and their 1/72 F-104 in all versions

Robert

It always surprises me that Revell Germany haven't tooled a T-33.  According to Wikepedia West Germany had 192 of the 6500 odd built and supplied many other western nations.  Lots of decal options here!

There was some correspondence a while back on why trainers were less popular.  Yet Airfix tooled Vampire T11, Gnat, Jet Provost which is why I find the absence of a Revell T-33 surprising.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

Personally, I'd love to see the Heinkel He-177, Junkers Ju-290, Fw-200

Yes, I'm also waiting for re-issues of the He 177 and Condor - good kits of interesting aircraft.

23 hours ago, Denford said:

It always surprises me that Revell Germany haven't tooled a T-33.  According to Wikepedia West Germany had 192 of the 6500 odd built and supplied many other western nations.  Lots of decal options here!

There was some correspondence a while back on why trainers were less popular.  Yet Airfix tooled Vampire T11, Gnat, Jet Provost which is why I find the absence of a Revell T-33 surprising.

The T-33 and I would add the F/RF-84F, another type that served in the Luftwaffe in large numbers (IIRC around 450) and that is still lacking a modern 1/72 model. Revell reissued the 1/48 Monogram kit a few times but nothing in 1/72.

Back on topic I'm happy to see the Hunter re-released, this time I'll buy a few to keep in the stash in case the next rerelease is in another 10 years or so

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 7:51 AM, Denford said:

The Platz 1/72 T-33 is a wonderful kit. There was even a limited edition version with a full engine. This kit has also been reboxed by Tanmodel with a massive decal sheet with a bunch of European marking options.

Edited by VMA131Marine

• 2 months later...
On 6-11-2017 at 1:03 PM, Giorgio N said:

The T-33 and I would add the F/RF-84F, another type that served in the Luftwaffe in large numbers (IIRC around 450) and that is still lacking a modern 1/72 model. Revell reissued the 1/48 Monogram kit a few times but nothing in 1/72.

No, they reboxed the Italeri 'Streak in 1/72: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/138503-revell-04372-f-84f-thunderstreak

Still, that was quite some time ago and in my opinion, the Italeri F-84F is the less pleasing option in 1/72 (the other one is the Airfix rendition which is a bit more recent, from their "golden period").

Apart from the PJ productions resin model (which is quite nice but not cheap and not available right now), there is indeed no modern alternative in 1/72. Wonder if Trumpyboss will ever scale down their 1/48 offer and if that would be a good thing... :think:

Edited by ivand

On ‎05‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 5:43 PM, IanC said:

Yes, I'm also waiting for re-issues of the He 177 and Condor - good kits of interesting aircraft.

On ‎05‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 10:41 AM, Albeback52 said:

Allan

Revell 1/72 He-177 A5 will be re-issued in 2018 (according to IPMS Germany news list from Nürnberg).

Edited by Roman Schilhart
typo

On 10/31/2017 at 3:18 PM, Robert said:

Just looking at the price on an old box of the Revell Hunter the price is £7.99, hopefully they can keep the re-release at a reasonable price.

Robert

If they take their cue from Airfix  it will be £22  to £25.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 1:35 AM, SeaVenom said:

Possibly.  I know there's a few things wrong with it like the size of the wheels and engine shape but it wouldn't be so bad if they at least included some correct propellor blades.   That to me is the most glaring inaccuracy.  I can sort of live with the engines and too small wheels.

The H2S dome is a real stinker as well.  At least it is in the B.III kit.  Thankfully I have couple of spares courtesy of Airfix.

9 hours ago, spaddad said:

If they take their cue from Airfix  it will be £22  to £25.

I was in a model shop on Saturday and was told that the Revell rep had said it'll be £19.99.

I was thinking of getting a couple but not at that price.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AWFK10 said:

I was in a model shop on Saturday and was told that the Revell rep had said it'll be £19.99.

I was thinking of getting a couple but not at that price.

In a rational world nobody would buy one until they brought the price down, unfortunately we're stuffed.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, Badder said:

No larger scales? Hmmpf.

Don't forget that Revell are still to release their Beaufighter TFX later this year - it was supposed to be released in 2017 but fell but fell by the wayside for some reason.

John

On 11/5/2017 at 9:41 AM, Albeback52 said:

Allan

Still waiting for them to re-issue the CH-54 Skycrane..... 

• Like 2

Revell 2018 kits available to order at www.jumbliesmodels.com. Some of the prices are interesting. Is the 1/32 Mirage III a rebox of the Italeri kit? If so it's an absolute steal at £26.95!! My pre orders are in!!!:lol:

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

27 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

Revell 2018 kits available to order at www.jumbliesmodels.com. Some of the prices are interesting. Is the 1/32 Mirage III a rebox of the Italeri kit? If so it's an absolute steal at £26.95!! My pre orders are in!!!:lol:

Allan

I have no hard info on this but I'd expect a rebox of Revell's own kit from the '70s

On 6/2/2018 at 9:33 PM, sofiane1718 said:

Not a bad choice of markings !

There's a good picture of XJ642 in this scheme on Wilipedia, that makes me think that this aircraft had Light Aircraft Grey undersurfaces

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/34/Hawker_Hunter_FGA.9_XJ642_L.54_ABIN_15.06.68_edited-2.jpg

Of course not much of a problem, and if so Revell may well give the correct paint reference when the kit will be issued

45 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

I have no hard info on this but I'd expect a rebox of Revell's own kit from the '70s

Found this on the Large Scale Planes forum ;

"I assumed Revell was re-releasing their old Mirage kit in the new year. Not so; it will be the Italeri molding released under co-operation. Now I'm looking forward to a (hopefully) more affordable big Mirage along with the Super Hornet."

Even at full rrp of £36.95 it's less than half the price of the Italeri kit. I'd have preferred the Mirage IIIC but, at £26.95, beggars cannot be choosers!!

ps - £5 deposit is required on pre orders

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 2

Just now, Albeback52 said:

Found this on the Large Scale Planes forum ;

"I assumed Revell was re-releasing their old Mirage kit in the new year. Not so; it will be the Italeri molding released under co-operation. Now I'm looking forward to a (hopefully) more affordable big Mirage along with the Super Hornet."

Even at full rrp of £36.95 it's less than half the price of the Italeri kit. I'd have preferred the Mirage IIIC but, at £26.95, beggars cannot be choosers!!

ps - £5 deposit is required on pre orders

Allan

If this is the case, then it's great news for the modeller ! I've been tempted before by the Italeri Mirage even at their price, at Revell's price it becomes even more interesting.

Now if they did the same thing with the F-104 I'd be even happier...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Giorgio N said:

If this is the case, then it's great news for the modeller ! I've been tempted before by the Italeri Mirage even at their price, at Revell's price it becomes even more interesting.

Now if they did the same thing with the F-104 I'd be even happier...

:lol:You and me both!!

Allan

• Like 1