Revell 2018

modelldoc

1 hour ago, Basuroy said:

The hunter is like a new kit to me since I don't have one but I wonder whether revell has washed it's hands off publishing new tool kits on regular interval ? There is like one new tool in each scale per year . The likes of Airfix , special hobby ( who I suspect have far less resources and manpower ) manage to churn out new tools on an acceptable rate . 

Revell's new tool kits encompass more subjects than just aircraft. That's not a knock on Airfix, who clearly have figured out that aircraft releases give them the best value for money invested in new tooling, at the moment.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Revell's new tool kits encompass more subjects than just aircraft. That's not a knock on Airfix, who clearly have figured out that aircraft releases give them the best value for money invested in new tooling, at the moment.

Not just 'best value for money' but most reliable sales forecast based on recent past performance.

Remember Hornby Hobbies has a serious debt, and relies on the bank continuing to lend them money.  Aircraft give them the most predictable return.  Other subjects - ships, cars and several other types have recently been suggested - could never have the same certainty of forward sales forecast.

2 hours ago, shatters said:

Freightdog do an F4 conversion with straight wing leading edges.

Phil

And the earlier jet pipe. But nobody does the early-style airbrake for them.

2 hours ago, Procopius said:

Bah, the Hunter re-release has annihilated the resale value of my nine kits.

I'll not feel at all guilty about breaking into my remaining stash, though (although whether I'll actually make all 16¹ before I shuffle from this mortal coil is open to question...)

¹ No, I have no idea how I managed to end up with that many - it just happened... Good job I like Hunters...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SeaVenom said:

Wish they'd retool that Halifax Mk1 so it's actually a lot more accurate.

It's more likely, IMHO, that we will see a new Halifax from Airfix than that Revell will retool their kit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

It's more likely, IMHO, that we will see a new Halifax from Airfix than that Revell will retool their kit.

Possibly.  I know there's a few things wrong with it like the size of the wheels and engine shape but it wouldn't be so bad if they at least included some correct propellor blades.   That to me is the most glaring inaccuracy.  I can sort of live with the engines and too small wheels.

@Colin @ Freightdog Models I think it might be a good time to ramp up that 1/72 Hunter (proper) wheel size set.. looks like you may have a Congo line waiting to order some. Once you’ve compared Revell’s billy cart wheels to any decent Hunter plans you’ll either raid your old Airfix kit or jump onto Col’s website straight away. 

I should add that I have no connection with Col or Freightdog models in any way, however if he ever wanted to open up a store credit in my name - I’d be happy with that!! 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 4

On 10/30/2017 at 8:08 AM, KRK4m said:

Hope that US M109 in 1/72 will be the Vietnam-era A2 or A3 and not the omnipresent Paladin...

Cheers

Michael

Kit 03305 is an M 109 G (German, so an A2/A3 I think)

Shane

Just looking at the price on an old box of the Revell Hunter the price is £7.99, hopefully they can keep the re-release at a reasonable price.

Robert

• Like 1

hunter reissue, excellent, 

rebox of the typhoon, not as impressed with the retool as I intially was, but welcome. #

100th RAF set looks interesting, depends what will be included and the cost, but watching, suspect it will have the rubbish spitfire retool and the tornado in it 

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, Stephen said:

1 x 1/48 kit ?

Talk about feeble.

:rant:

Bit of a yawn fest actually. Hope the rest of 2018 shows a bit more flair and imagination.

Allan

Just been on the Revell Germany website and it appears that possibly another ex-Maco kit is being released : Sd.Kfz. 7 (Late Production) 1:72 in February  (may be ex Maco  Kit 7218 - Sd.Kfz.7 final variant with tarpauline ). No kit number for the Revell version yet so more may appear later. Also listed are PzKpfw VI Ausf. H TIGER 1:72 in January and 15 cm Panzerwerfer 42 1:72auf sWS in March M109 US Army 1:72 in April , for the first quarter of next year.

Edited by Yorkshire man
extra details

25 minutes ago, Yorkshire man said:

Just been on the Revell Germany website and it appears that possibly another ex-Maco kit is being released : Sd.Kfz. 7 (Late Production) 1:72 in February  (may be ex Maco  Kit 7218 - Sd.Kfz.7 final variant with tarpauline ). No kit number for the Revell version yet so more may appear later. Also listed are PzKpfw VI Ausf. H TIGER 1:72 in January and 15 cm Panzerwerfer 42 1:72auf sWS in March M109 US Army 1:72 in April , for the first quarter of next year.

Where on the website can you find the future releases bit?

Hi,

https://www.revell.de/en/home.html

If you scroll down the page on the right hand side there is a section for Revell Fan Forum, click on visit board, there at the top is Revell News click on that (above contributors name ) new page will open and it is the seventh article down.

• Thanks 1