Sukhoi T-6-1 Su-24 Fencer Prototype

The very first Prototype with fixed wings and 4 lift engines. It is scratch built with parts of Revell and Streem 1:72. More pictures to come if you like.

Cheers!

Su T-6-1 Hopfensperger4

• Like 18

Thank you! This was not so easy, about 250 hrs and many questions to answer in the beginning.
What have i to add? What have i to remove? And: Why, stupid, don´t you build an easy model????

Su T-6-1 Hopfensperger2

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

They had added a new trial Red Star insignia only seen on the aluminized finish in the very first time, before it went grey and a TSRsky with downturned winglets :D

Su T-6-1 Hopfensperger1

• Like 1

They stopped the project before really starting the STOL trials and switched to swing wings and made a Tonkvark. Nickname in Russia: suitcase, because a brick would be too small  :nah:

Su T-6-1 Hopfensperger3

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zebra said:

Fantastic! I love a good conversion, this is just the kind of thing I like to see. There must be quite a lot of the Su-24 kit in your spares box now!

Thank you, guys! And yes, i want to build sometime 2 or 3 Fencers more!

Excellent scratch build/conversion replicant..... :worthy:

That's a project I have had on the back burner for years - after photographing it at Monino many years ago.

The Soviets toyed with lift engines vs swing wings to achieve STOL performance for quite a while - and built some interesting STOL designs with lift engines....now available in kit form...

MiG E-7PD

MiG-23PD

Sukhoi T6-1

Sukhoi T58VD

The latter two not yet kitted.

Ken

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Flankerman said:

Excellent scratch build/conversion replicant..... :worthy:

That's a project I have had on the back burner for years - after photographing it at Monino many years ago.

The Soviets toyed with lift engines vs swing wings to achieve STOL performance for quite a while - and built some interesting STOL designs with lift engines....now available in kit form...

MiG E-7PD

MiG-23PD

Sukhoi T6-1

Sukhoi T58VD

The latter two not yet kitted.

Ken

Thank you, Ken!

You are famous in Germany too!

And your reference walkarounds were totally helpful for me.:thanks:

....and your supersonic quick builds also. As you can see, i make a lot of russian stuff for decades now, after Be-12, i´m finishing Tu-22KD right now, your WIP warned me in time, that´s time consuming!

MiG-23PD is at 80%, after changing nearly everything!

Thomas

• Like 1