Ryan X-13 Vertijet

Hello mates!

Here my smallest plane so far, Ryans ingenious little vertical wonder X-plane with British Power. I built this 2006. Mach 2 Model says all. Completely ripped apart and built quite from scratch. Small but shiny!

Cheers!

x13b

• Like 20

Another superb experimental from the golden age.  I really like these proof of concept types. from this era.  The build sounds like it was a nightmare but the finished result was definitely worth the effort.  It's great that you have included the pilot because it helps to demonstrate how diminutive the aircraft is.  This would look great next to a model of the EWR VJ-101C or the Short S.C.1 They'd make an interesting comparison.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Another superb experimental from the golden age.  I really like these proof of concept types. from this era.  The build sounds like it was a nightmare but the finished result was definitely worth the effort.  It's great that you have included the pilot because it helps to demonstrate how diminutive the aircraft is.  This would look great next to a model of the EWR VJ-101C or the Short S.C.1 They'd make an interesting comparison.

Yesss! How right you are! The two are also dreams to me. Yesterday was Christmas for me, i bought the VJ-101 at Traudls Modelshop in Munich! I´m on the hunt for shorty some time now!

• Like 1

Fantastic picture!

But did the Vertijet really once take off vertically ?

Or was it only a try as the French Coléoptère did ?

Your model looks fantastic in its natural metal finish.

Great job there.

Bravo. Polo.:D

Yes, Polo. Full circle starting, flying, landing on hook on erected trailer. Many times, also in Washington D.C. for public. There are lots of pictures.

04-01992 Ryan X-13 Vertijet c. 1955

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...