P-47 Thunderbolt double build

qn30jEkPz7

About time I dipped a toe in the group build waters.

In the stash I happen to have sets containing a pair of P-47 Thunderbolts that would fit the remit.

26208222239_7a4103de1d_b.jpg

and 

37953725902_3b06ba8db2_b.jpg

Unfortunately on inspection the box art on the Academy one is waaaaaay off and both actually have very similar colour schemes which would be a bit dull. 

Thankfully @warhawk kindly came to the rescue with decals for two alternative schemes 

So mulling over what to pick for the jugs I realised one set depicts a plane called Ole Cock III and another is Balls Out and the immature Viz reader in me had the casting vote over which decals to use.

Edited by LostCosmonauts
  • Like 5

38005707762_5543935fb8_b.jpg

State of play before I disappear off for a week or so on holiday. Academy on the right has had a start on the engine and the main structures of both are coming together. I’ve started reworking both cockpits to replace the gunsight which was just an opaque part painted silver with transparencies. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Longer pause than planned. I came home with the lurgy and spent a few days coughing up and sneezing a variety of combination between RAL 6032 signal green and RAL 7009 Green grey

Feeling a bit perkier today so back to the models. Time for the prime, fill, sand repeat routine

38379462692_0775b302bb_b.jpg

• Like 1