Trumpeter 1/16 T-34/85

BlackMax12

No, not another white tank.  Yep, I decided I'm going to try again to restrain myself from removing too much white and actually have a "white" white washed vehicle, with a little wear and tear of course.

I've done the wheels and gave the tracks some brownish-rusty treatment and installed my own version of the numbering so tomorrow it's out with the hairspray and a crossed-finger approach. 

Here it is as of close to midnight, hate that time change stuff.  Oh, those dress pins are holding the spare track in place until I find where I put the kit supplied pins.

Were those fuel drums a mostly permanent fixture so they would get the white wash too?  Pretty sure the small drums were part of some type of smoke discharge setup so they will be whitish but not sure about the 3 large drums.

OOhm5kd.jpg6waVu1B.jpgU3MzdK1.jpg3oIbtc8.jpg9WOWc29.jpgERyg96d.jpg

• Like 3

The external fuel tanks were pretty much permanent unless they lost them somehow. The smaller drums are also external fuel tanks, note that until the IS-3 none of the external fuel tanks on soviet tanks were actually connected to the internal fuel supply, when the internal supply was gone they would have had to manually siphon the fuel to the internal tanks.

Thanks Reteip9

That sounds like another dumb idea, why not hook them up?  Imagine siphoning fuel when under fire wasn't a lot of fun.

Here is the beast this AM in white with no washes or streaking yet.  I tried to just remove the white in logical places that would get more wear but once again it looks like I overdid it.  Still

have to make and add the tow cables and managed to loose the headlight lens so have to make one. drat.

MVwUnew.jpgrk42pW4.jpgazKfjkf.jpg6hyAsmY.jpgjmf6H7V.jpgQWiRF84.jpgk9lLp48.jpg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Mark

This is in the RFI section now as "Trumpeter T-34-85 winterized (revisited)" as I went back and toned down the glaring white winter camo a bit.

It's still not that terribly dirty but looks better I think.

Take care,

Lloyd

• 2 years later...

Nice looking T-35 that Lloyd....love the winter camo', did you use a wash agent or chipping fluid?

Never tackled a 1:16....maybe look for one in the future. Not sure where I'd put it though..:think:

I have a PzKpfw IV I'm working on in 1:35......might do a winter camo on that one like you've done here....very inspirational....

Cheers

Simon.

Edited by Redcoat2966

Redcoat

It's the good old hairspray with Tamiya flat white removed with a toothbrush then several washes of browns

and blacks. It looks better in the RFI section, not so bright and has added tarps and chains to liven it a bit.

Thanks for looking.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12