Tiger I x 4

Soeren

• 1 month later...

Here is my attempt for the lower part dirt. Same pigments as on the Chieftain, different fixer though and it will be thinner. And mostly to the running gear, only dusty on top, to not compromise the camoflage work.

AAFVClubTigercamo100dirt.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you very much Kris. Yes, it comes along and I happen to like to work on various projects and have various levels available to work on the kind of step I like to. And it suddenly hit me to add the spare tracks and do some dirt to the Tiger. 

Tiger progress, work on the dirt accumulations. Used my Pigment mixture fixed with 502 fixer. Working from the bottom up. Final work is then done when blending into the scene. It leaves some tide mark though that need some rework with dry pigments in the end. Have tha Tamiya tanker set on order as well as a Miniart vigniette. The picture frame is ready too :D

And started work on the back plate of the big tank. The Academy late is in progress as well.

TigerDirtside.jpg

Tigerdirt.jpg

TigerDirtback.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you Carius. Yes, it is slowly progressing. ATM I am working on some of the PE backplate mounts for the big tank and build the hull for the 135. When the hull is done, I will take a painting intermezzo for the 135 and do the 116 turret finally.

116and135sidebyside.jpg

• Like 2

Howdy folks, while browsing hte shops on the weekend, I found a good priced MiniArt set. It arraived yesterday. Quick fitting: juts a touch too wide, no problem as it will raised anyways, and a bit shorter. The latter is just welcome, so the whole scene will be pushed up a bit and the soil area right of the Tiger can be enlarged by a few cm to be able to pull the Tiger back from the walls, as if it came from the fields and be able to add some figures without it being to cramped. 

TigerVignette.jpg

• Like 1

Added the Jack mounts and made the Jack almost complete. Testfitting and tarted on the spare Track Hangers for the turret. I will take the Regular Taigen pieces, but try to add the locking hook on top, also the lower mounting piece is now correctly mounted in the higher position on the back side of the link not on the lower front side. As on the regular Taigen tanks.

BackTestfit.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you Richard :)

After having had peddinghaus decals for my Jagdpanther, and those didn't work well, I wanted to give decals a try. Stenciling the knight was a bit scary to me. That would have been a 3 part stencil, a lot of room for misalignment. :/

They offer a few other things. But the decal offering seems to.be limited to the Tigers mostly. Speaking of that, I have plenty of 1/16 scale Tiger decals left and would not mind selling them to interested people together with a copy of the camo scheme of the set.

What is this PE all about?

Is it propelled enthusiasm, to cut tiny brass crosses form a sheat, sanding them, folding them into cubes, filling them with a lead tin alloy, then place them on tiny brass squares and holding a hot rod of metal to them for half an hour?

Yeah ;) 

https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/35010055/sideskirtcubes.jpg

Edited by Soeren

I think you have described soldering right to a tee. 

That's why I stick to using ca glue, sticky fingers or not.  Soldering and me

just don't talk to each other, just like me and zimmerit or me and figure painting.  A man has to only do the things he might have

a chance at doing and those 3 things aren't it.:lol::lol:

Take care,

Lloyd

BTW the big guy is coming along great, how you can switch back and forth between 1/16 and 1/35 amazes me, I like to work on the big stuff more now

that I'm spoiled and the small stuff just ticks me off more and more every time I try it.  Wish there was a way better selection of 1/16 and that the prices

were equivalent to 1/35 though.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Lloyd. We will see ho the Trumpeter Panther comes along. When it will be finally available. I also wonder why we only have the Hobby Boss Tiger at that scale atm. Maybe the Tamiya Tiger will be available in the future again.

As of now a small update after returning form holidays. The Tiger is base coated now and I realized that a few things need be done before adding the camo and some further details. One thing was adding wing nuts to the read fenders. Spares from my ABER PE set. Now that I found my way to fold these. Also started on rusting the exhaust. First go on the big and few more steps of washes and paint on the small one. I didnt bother to make the transition neat as it will have the shields on, so only a tiny bit will be visible at all in the end. A bit to reddish as now, we will see, a more brownish greyish appearance would be nice. Some more washes or pigments to come.

file.php?id=70050&mode=view

Then it was track time. Made the Takom Patton tracks and painted 3 sets of Tiger tracks. Also some work on the T55a track on one side, as per the manual, 92 links work well.

file.php?id=70049&mode=view

• Like 2

A bit of Grey wash and Citadel Nuln Oil actually did the trick for me. And as expected, after adding the shield not much is visible anyways.

file.php?id=70095&mode=view

Next up will be the camo and the remaining detail bits. 

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 2