Bristol Type 175 Britannia 1/144

Hi  folks,

a little change in my usual portfolio as do not often build airliners, but this one nicely fits to my Czechoslovak / Czech aviation collection. The Roden kit is pretty good, some fiddling and filling was required just around the engine nacelles. The decal are from BOA Agency for OK-MBA, one of two ex-Cubana machines rented by CSA in 1960's for connection between Prague and Havana (operated with stop overs in Ireland and Canada), until the arrival of Il-62.

Cheers

Libor

24119377358_b29c31d7ce_b.jpg

26195125219_fc9c064641_b.jpg

26195125229_fbf0dca304_b.jpg

[

• Like 32

Libor,

Beautiful markings and an excellent build! Very, very clean- both the decals and the finish. In my opinion, the  Brit and the Connie were the two most beautiful propliners ever! Well done, sir! The Roden Britannia is my only 1/144 scale kit, and I hope I can do mine half a good as yours! Any problems with the kit, by the way- it looks to be a very good one.

Mike

Thanks everyone for kind comments, glad you like her!

Turbofan: yes, that one is in the pipeline, got it to my stash recently.

Threadbear: yes, it must be laborious both for crew and passengers. The flight was routed over Berlin-Copenhagen-Shannon (stop over)-Gander (stop over)- Havana, in total 9721 km and with good weather the total flight time was just about 24 hours.

Eric Mc: right, that was quite unusual at that times. Anyway, renting those planes from Fidel's comrades seemed to be politically acceptable :-)

Mike: I share your enthusiast about these airliners, they are a sort of Aston Martin amongst the planes. Build wise, no major issues, just the engine nacelles did not fit well to the wing's counterparts and needed little filler. But the fit of the large parts was very good.

Cheers

Libor