Potez 29 scratch conversion of Broplan '25, Free French AF, Tchad 1941

JWM

Hi,

Yesterday evening I finished her. This is Potez 29  - small airliner, transport, ambulane and liason development of Potez XXV. In real thing it has common with XXV whole lower wings and upper ones except the center part, which was incorpoated with fuselage and wider, as fuselage also was. I di it similar - I used wings of Broplan Potez XXV (vacu) and buid our of scratch everything else includeing central part of top wing. The build was reported in thread 

The painting scheme was on side profile - but since the wings has no dihedral on side profiles you cannot see any detail. So it my reconstruction how it might be based on some photos. I explained my decisissions and motivations in WIP threat .

potez 29 DSC06937potez 29 DSC06939potez 29 DSC06940potez 29 DSC06941potez 29 DSC06942potez  29 DSC06943potez 29 DSC06944potez 29 DSC06945

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

y4momj58A7ap5eK8k8FwX4LZ4FdOgj1_AvgfzkaH

Edited by JWM
added logo of GB
  • Like 21

Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for posting – it isn't an aircraft I know much about, and it's always impressive to see scratch-built models.

Regards,

David

• Like 1

Impressive recreation of a plane i had no idea existed in the first place! Ashamed of my ignorance I learnt, thanks to my friend Mr. Google, that its first flight was in 1927 and that it was quite a success, with 120 planes in service with the French air force alone. Fascinating symbol of a creative era!

Very interesting and well crafted model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Many thanks Gents for kind comments. I appreciete them all :)

17 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Excellent considering what the Broplan models are to start with!

Many thanks Zigomar  - please note that here only wings (without central part of top wing which is mostly of putty) are from Broplan kit.

Actually I do like Broplan. Of course it is not a "Tamigawa" - I did only few of them so far but now I am doing two: Blackburn Ripon and Hoover MF 11. This is on GB. I have next plus 10 in stash and there are very interesting machines like Dewoitine 338 or Savoia Marcheti SM 74 or SM 75, just as examples. I hope to do couple of them next year :) . Hope to post them here as well!

13 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Impressive recreation of a plane i had no idea existed in the first place! Ashamed of my ignorance I learnt, thanks to my friend Mr. Google, that its first flight was in 1927 and that it was quite a success, with 120 planes in service with the French air force alone. Fascinating symbol of a creative era!

Many thanks Joachim. They were also in use in some Yugoslavian airline - therefore Serbian company Lift Here even made recently a resin kit of it. But I was already decided to do a scratch conversion collecting materials for it...

Digging in net for infos needed to do this model I have found in book about Polish WWII hero Jan Karski ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Karski ) a note that he was once a passanger on board of Potez 29 (!) -" a five paerson small airliner"  what was completly inrevelant info in this book. It was also said that "It was his maiden flight and since this time he like to tavel in airplanes..." 

Cheers and again many thanks

Jerzy-Wojtek

y4momj58A7ap5eK8k8FwX4LZ4FdOgj1_AvgfzkaH

• Like 1

Really William Green (or was it Gordon Swanborough) was right saying that in the 1925-35 period any relationship between the aesthetics and the French aircraft was just pure coincidence...

Well done, Brother - beautiful miniature of the ugly plane caricature :)

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

Mike, many thanks for your comment. Indeed, I've seen some more beauty aiprlanes before ;) .

I started desire to build this model when I 've seen her in paintings from WWII (Vichy or FAFL). Brfore I thought that it was to obsolate to serve in WWII. The most striking is one scheme from Paris in January 1945, with thin black and white strips and early small fin of Potez 29 (which looks even more like early 1920s style)... Finally I decided to this scheme from Tchad.

Cheers

J-W

P.S.

That one:

potz 29

Edited by JWM
added P.S
  • Like 1

Congratulations Jerzy !!:worthy:

Another rarity in your collection !

Nicely crafted airplane, almost built from scratch !!

I really enjoy your choice of subjects !

Thank again.

And Now !! The Ripon !:pilot:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Congratulations Jerzy !!:worthy:

Another rarity in your collection !

Nicely crafted airplane, almost built from scratch !!

I really enjoy your choice of subjects !

Thank again.

And Now !! The Ripon !:pilot:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Many thanks Corsaircorp!

Regarding rarities - I still have a lot of rarities in my stash including such like six Ju-88/188/388, five B-24 and four He-111 of which I have no single made on the shelves :o . Some time I will have to find a year  to make them all in different variants. Now it is a bit  strange collections of almost  400 models of military airplanes 1935-45 without them!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JWM said:

Many thanks Corsaircorp!

Regarding rarities - I still have a lot of rarities in my stash including such like six Ju-88/188/388, five B-24 and four He-111 of which I have no single made on the shelves :o . Some time I will have to find a year  to make them all in different variants. Now it is a bit  strange collections of almost  400 models of military airplanes 1935-45 without them!

Ah ah ah !

I'm not alone .... There is almost, let's say a little bit more than less, 400 kits too in my attic This is only the 1/48 Aircraft from WWI to present...

I know, I can be considered as a lunatic :penguin::penguin:

Some 1/72 Aircraft, A lot of 1/35 Military vehicles, some ships and 1/24 cars !

All that waiting for my retirement...

It's may be crazy but Raaaah I like it !

Sincerely thank for sharing Bro !

CC

• Like 1