P-47 supercharger installation

72modeler

Just found this. You can clearly see why the belly and fuselage of the Jug was so portly- that's a lot of plumbing and ductwork to enclose! Great modeling possibility....if you're really crazy! Enjoy!

Mike

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/350366045987114669/?utm_campaign=category_rp&e_t=c2fe5d01206948a7b16466e6ff275a55&utm_content=350366045987114669&utm_source=31&utm_term=2&utm_medium=2012

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/529102656211541476/

Edited by 72modeler
added additional link
  • Like 3

That's the turbocharger installation rather than the supercharger (which is bolted to the back of the engine), but yes, it's a lot of plumbing and would make a good subject for someone working in a larger scale who's happy to do a lot of scratchbuilding. The VFS / Kinetic kit would be an ideal basis.

Tthere's a good picture of it all removed fom the aeroplane here:

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

WIP- Thanks for posting the photo! I had also found it a while back, but forgot to save it and couldn't remember where I had seen it. Yes, I meant to say turbocharger- forgot all about the mechanical one. Thanks for catching my mistake!

Mike

7 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

That's the turbocharger installation rather than the supercharger (which is bolted to the back of the engine), but yes, it's a lot of plumbing and would make a good subject for someone working in a larger scale who's happy to do a lot of scratchbuilding. The VFS / Kinetic kit would be an ideal basis.

Tthere's a good picture of it all removed fom the aeroplane here:

My house central heating system is smaller than that!! 😄

• Haha 2