Wellesley x 2- FINISHED

tonyot

Hiya Folks,......got quite a bit done last night and today,,,,,,

First,.....the second Model has received its first coat of Dark Green,..... the pilots canopy is the optional closed variant from the Valom kit, which thankfully fits well,....while the rear canopy comes from the Falcon vacformed set;

DSCF1710

• Like 4

The main update however is the first model is now finished,.....although the access steps fell off taking the model to be photographed! 

I elected to open the canopy and the pilots side door,.....so the pilots canopy from the Falcon vacformed set was used, with the kit windscreen, a Spitfire side door was also modified and used. As the kit propeller hubs are not exactly accurate I drilled a hole into the end of the hub and added a section cut from a set of white metal gun barrels;

DSCF1706DSCF1707

The finished model;

DSCF1732DSCF1724DSCF1719

DSCF1740

DSCF1725

DSCF1735DSCF1740DSCF1750_NEW_NEW

All the best for now,

Tony 

All the best for now,

Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 21

Cheers everybody,.....glad you like the first one,......here is the second one with the main paintwork finished;

DSCF1765

Just going to add some gloss varnish and leave it to dry ready for the decals,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 8

Cheers,....glad you like it!

Another slight update,.....gloss varnish has dried and time to apply the decals,......I`m probably going for a 47 Sqn aircraft from 1940-41 in East Africa with large fin flashes, using decals from the Valom kit;

DSCF1769

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 3

You may have thought that it had gone away,....but no,....the 2nd Wellesley is still alive and kicking and now wearing its decals;

DSCF1843

Just waiting for the gloss varnish to dry before adding the matt coat and then finishing the model off!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 7

Cheers Dermo,....I`m getting there!

A quick update,... I`ve added some matt varnish and then a coat of watercolour wash, time to wipe it away now using a piece of kitchen roll,

DSCF1847

Sorry about the poor quality of the pic,....it was taken in the front room on the tea tray where I do my modelling.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 3

Hiya Folks,.....calling the second Wellesley done now,..... just need to sort out a few little hiccups highlighted by the photos!

DSCF1888DSCF1885DSCF1890DSCF1861DSCF1912

DSCF1878DSCF1880DSCF1889

Cheers

Tony

• Like 10

Thanks for all of your nice comments folks and support,...glad you liked the models. 

9 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Both look great :thumbsup:

I would love to see you collection Tony, I am sure it would be impressive. Are they all on display?

Cheers Ray,....yes most of them are on display,....some in the loft and cellar but I do have this cabinet in my living room,....which is now full to bursting point!

cabinet and fudge

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, tonyot said:

Thanks for all of your nice comments folks and support,...glad you liked the models. 

Cheers Ray,....yes most of them are on display,....some in the loft and cellar but I do have this cabinet in my living room,....which is now full to bursting point!

cabinet and fudge

Cheers,

Tony

That cabinet is a boyhood dream come true

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 24/10/2017 at 19:00, tonyot said:

Hiya Folks,.....

Hopefully I`ll be starting another model soon in the form of the wonderful old Wellesley, here is the boxart from Scalemates, while I get the missus to dig my kit out of the loft;

Image result for matchbox wellesley

I fancy doing it in a slightly different scheme,.....either the pre war desert scheme;

45 Sqn Vickers Wellesley I, K7782 'M', Ismailia, 39wellesley khartoum

Also depicted on the box art of this Valom kit;

Image result for wellesley vickers

OR;

The mid war Temperate Sea Scheme painted aircraft circa 1943 when the surviving aircraft were used for anti sub duties;

This is L2712 from 47 Sqn which was one of the last two still flying on the 3rd March 1943, note the side gun positions and the open bomb doors on the sponsons;

L2712 one of the last two examples in RAF service with 47 Squadron Air Echelon prior to disbandment on 03.03.1943Wellesley 3

Wellesley 2

Here is one of the long canopy variants with twin Vickers K Guns fitted and positions in the side windows too, also thought to belong to 47 Sqn for ASW duties;

Image result for matchbox wellesley

Wellesley, possibly of 47 Squadron RAF Which operated out of Burg-el-Arab in Egypt. (1)

A rather escoteric Wellesley which I don`t know much about is this Polish marked aircraft, thought to belong to a maintenance training unit in the Middle East;

2d035844aaa0fc90med

Re the Polish Wellesley,......I have found another pic,..captioned,......Henryk Radecki, leaning on a Vickers Wellesley during his training at the Polish Air Force Academy (the Polish Air Force emblem may be seen to the right of Mr. Radecki) in Heliopolis, Egypt, 1945.

Image result for wellesley poland egypt

EDIT,..EDIT,...EDIT,.....Here is another photo of the `Polish' Wellesley,... I am getting closer!!

457db469fa03a0bbmed

This is an excellent reference too,.....one of the better Warpaint books;

Image result for wellesley vickers

You are a pit of science.

Alain

• Like 1