SF pickup truck

06/24

The chassis went together swiftly enough, but it's general flimsiness and the need to open out attachment holes marks it as one of Meng's earlier kits.

37855321782_ec8280c351_c.jpgMeng Pickup with DEF wheels 1/35 kit by jongwinnett, on Flickr

I've just dry fitted the body and wheels for now, as the weather this evening wasn't conducive to spraying outdoors.

37886426541_0ee8d33f9c_c.jpgMeng Pickup with DEF wheels 1/35 kit by jongwinnett, on Flickr

37838134506_4f28030f7c_c.jpgMeng Pickup with DEF wheels 1/35 kit by jongwinnett, on Flickr

• Like 2

As well as finishing the interior, next steps will include a start on the load, which will be loosely based on the well known photos of a SF Tacoma in Afghanistan. I know this isn't a Tacoma (it's probably an older Hilux but is unbranded) but until I find a reference shot showing this model I shall have to make do. 

The SF load out in the box includes one sprue of weapons and stores, the same as in the Meng equipment set (although you get two sprues in the latter) - the equipment set includes a handy colour rendering as instructions:

37166581453_8966804d67_c.jpgMeng Pickup with DEF wheels 1/35 kit by jongwinnett, on Flickr

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Almost a month of fruitless polishing, I gave up and resprayed today, genuine Toyota red:

38491678892_16b8e14388_c.jpgHilux 1/35 Meng kit by jongwinnett, on Flickr

37807825234_3b2618f5ff_c.jpgHilux 1/35 Meng kit by jongwinnett, on Flickr

The wheels were another mojo suck, and have been repainted twice. I'm satisfied now, and have started weathering them and the chassis

7 hours ago, richellis said:

Looks nice, could you tell

me how big it is please? I’ve a build I could possibly use one of these on!

Hi,

Just had had a quick measure up. It's a touch under 14cm long.

Hope this helps

Jon