PK-49 Hurricane Mk.IIc RAF

charlie_c67

My second build for this will be another Hawker product, namely the Hurricane. Since both this and the Tmpest are quite similar I hope they will keep things ticking over whilst the other kit dries. Simple paint schemes will help! The only addition will be some Master 20mm cannons, if I can remember where they are...

37173828294_bd3643f1c5_b.jpg

• Like 8

Great to see the good old Matchbox Hurricane here - best of luck.

... and I thought I had a few too many on the go? I see a Vampire, Tempest and Mig-15? amongst all those modelling tools, decals, canopy masks, paints and quite possibly some strong liquor propping up that instruction sheet???

Will watch on with interest.

Cheers.. Dave 

11 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Great to see the good old Matchbox Hurricane here - best of luck.

... and I thought I had a few too many on the go? I see a Vampire, Tempest and Mig-15? amongst all those modelling tools, decals, canopy masks, paints and quite possibly some strong liquor propping up that instruction sheet???

Will watch on with interest.

Cheers.. Dave 

Waiting for the masking set for the vampire and a twiddler from work to hold my drill bits for the Mig, they're both not far off, plus both being Silver, easy to finish ;) Tempest is the partner build to this!

So after a little time spent doing some fettling and fitting this afternoon, this is where we currently stand. 

38028183741_dc895ac799_b.jpg

37319155614_cb9048dd40_b.jpg

A gap or two to fill but nothing too drastic, though I'm a little unsure how well that unsightly step in the wheel well will hide. Depending on work, this may or may not happen this week which may in turn lead to a little experimentation on the all over black...

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

As suspected, the wheelbay join is a flaming nightmare to clean up, we'll see how it looks under some primer, however the pics I've seen would suggest the wheel bays are not the same Special Night as the rest of the airplane. This, annoyingly, might make it more noticeable, we will see...

38201557126_40f5c0d12e_b.jpg

• Like 5

Came to the conclusion I really need to sort out better lighting for my desk, struggled to see a few things whilst at it today, however I do have a minor update...

38374268941_7b06c175c0_b.jpg

Despite my concerns about the cannons, I realised that round the other way would've been worse as the inner ones are significantly shorter than the outers, at least they are symmetrical this way...

A little detail painting, the decals and the canopy, wheels and prop added and this bad boy will be done!

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

So, a little more work done on this bad boy, what colour's there are have been neatened up and a bit of gloss put on the areas that are awaiting them old stickers. Hopefully they won't break up!

39945361312_e3700fe521_b.jpg

Edited by charlie_c67
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...