What Stashed Aircraft Should I Work On?

Crossiant Oliver

After I finish my Airfix 1/48 Hurricane (pictures soon) I have two aircraft I would like to work on- Academy's 1/48 P-38J/L/Droopsnoot, or Revell (US) 1/48 B-25J Mitchell. Both seem like fun and good model kits that I can work on weighting and tricycle gear, but I don't know which one to make first. I am asking you wonderful people of Britmodeller some advice: Which is the funner kit to build?

Either are good kits. Ive built 4 of the revell 25’s since the 80’s. If you build that you can put weight in the void under the cockpit because the nose gear doors stay shut on the ground. If you're doing the 8 gun nose version you can also place weight in the crew tunnel that goes from the lower cockpit area to the nose.  

There are lots of options to branch off and modify B-25’s and there are after market goodies and decals to for the kit. So plenty of options in that direction.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

8 hours ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

After I finish my Airfix 1/48 Hurricane (pictures soon) I have two aircraft I would like to work on- Academy's 1/48 P-38J/L/Droopsnoot, or Revell (US) 1/48 B-25J Mitchell. Both seem like fun and good model kits that I can work on weighting and tricycle gear, but I don't know which one to make first. I am asking you wonderful people of Britmodeller some advice: Which is the funner kit to build?

1/48 P-38J/L/Droopsnoot, or Revell (US) 1/48 B-25J Mitchell,  hmmmm! well Just close your eyes pick one!

Selwyn

(I used to be quite  indecisive, but now I am not so sure..............!)

If you go with the P-38, you'll discover (if you haven't already) that the nose is pretty much devoid of detail. There is an Airwaves photo-etch set that is an improvement. I'm not aware of any resin upgrades. Or, you could scratchbuild something. It really needs something in there. The B-25J is a Monogram classic.

I’d vote for the Academy P-38.

I’m building one at the moment as a J model. It’s an ok kit. I made life harder for myself by using a Brassin cockpit set and picking a NMF scheme. 

Im sure you’ll have fun regardless of your selection.

cheers

Plasto