Swift FR.5

A brief hiatus from Victors and Vulcans, but still from my favourite era, the Swift. Kudos to Airfix for offering such a rare type. Have to say though it looks so small after making a Victor! 

21b7nub.jpg

29zezwk.jpg

Edited by Lord Riot
Formatting
  • Like 7

Thanks, that’s great. 

Does anyone know when to spray on the acrylic clear varnish after painting the matt grey and green please? Do you leave it 24 hours then just spray all over? There’s no need for rubbing or anything is there? 

Ive never used it before, I don’t want to ruin the kit!

Edited by Lord Riot

8 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Thanks, that’s great. 

Does anyone know when to spray on the acrylic clear varnish after painting the matt grey and green please? Do you leave it 24 hours then just spray all over? There’s no need for rubbing or anything is there? 

If your unsure about a painting technique you should use a practice piece or mule. That could be an old or unfinished model that you have lost interest in, paint part of it as if you were painting the kit your wanting to paint and see how it turns out.

Gondor

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Thanks, that’s great. 

I put my Swift on a stick (cardboard in the exhaust pipe) and sprayed the whole thing in one session. 

Definitely practice on an old kit. Gloss coats are not my forte and they take a bit of practice. I've been using Tamiya X22 with Tamiya's paint retarded to help put down a wet coat on the model. 

1 hour ago, Lord Riot said:

Anyone know how to smooth out the brush lines in the aluminium paint? Is there a polish or anything?

I've had a similar problem in the past and I find that 'Humbrol Gloss Cote' can help to make brush marks less conspicuous.

• Like 1

On 25 October 2017 at 11:47 AM, Lord Riot said:

Anyone know how to smooth out the brush lines in the aluminium paint? Is there a polish or anything?

You can remove brush marks by giving the paint a rub-down with fine Micromesh between coats.

• Like 1