PK-115 Bf 110C/D

GREG DESTEC

Well, after some deliberation i have decided to go with my first idea and finish the Bf 110 i started some yeras ago with my son. He lost interest in the model after a while, and it went back in to the stash.

After consulting with the hosts i got the green light to enter this one in the GB as being less than 25 per cent started.

I intend to build it OOTB without any alteration to the kit at all. I will be building the BoB option with the shark teeth (i hope the transfer still work!!)

37141316194_bc80efe904_z.jpgIMG_2548 by G DSC, on Flickr

37141313634_f38e152db0_z.jpgIMG_2549 by G DSC, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Cheers Greg;)

• Like 10

I must say, that must be the most vivid colour combination of a Matchbox kit ever! I'm with V.P, go the kit colours. 

Actually, this is a nice choice of subject and will looked great next to the Ju188. 

So will it be wheels up with stand or wheels down? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I must say, that must be the most vivid colour combination of a Matchbox kit ever! I'm with V.P, go the kit colours. 

Actually, this is a nice choice of subject and will looked great next to the Ju188. 

So will it be wheels up with stand or wheels down? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Dave,

Wheels down this time. The stand for this kit has gone awol :huh:

The plastic is very vivid on this particular kit but I have already commenced painting various bits so it will not retain the Matchbox livery. 

Cheers Greg

• Sad 1

Sorry for the lack of update.

This one built up so quickly i only took a couple of progress shots. Built straight out of the box it reminded me why i enjoyed these kits so much as  a youngster.

No filler was used in the build, and it was all brush painted. Unfortunately i am having trouble uploading the two progress pics, but if i can i will post these later.

Hers is the completed model (more in gallery).

Thanks for looking. Cheers Greg :D

38008744371_11b5e41010_z.jpgIMG_2564 by G DSC, on Flickr

• Like 16

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Very, very well done Greg.

That looks great, and really quick work too!

The Bf-110 with a sharkmouth always was a good combination.

Thanks Craig,

These old Matchbox kits are a joy to build. The 110 went together very well, hence the quick finish. I think the longest part to do was the canopy framework.

Cheers Greg :yes::yes:

• Like 1

Wow - great result at lightning speed too. Completed and ready for action round the livingroom! I just don't understand why most of this next generation went 'digital' rather than 'tactile'.

Very encouraging to hear that it all went together without fit issues and the transfers held up! Hope the next one goes as well.

Regards, Mike

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Wow - great result at lightning speed too. Completed and ready for action round the livingroom! I just don't understand why most of this next generation went 'digital' rather than 'tactile'.

Very encouraging to hear that it all went together without fit issues and the transfers held up! Hope the next one goes as well.

Regards, Mike

Cheers Mike,

The 110 is a nice kit to build, and outline wise is very accurate I'm told. This one came together quickly due to the great fit and lack of filler. 

All the best Greg😊

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

Good gracious greg, you're  knocking these out at a fair old bat and they still look impressive to boot

Thanks Hewy!

They really are satisfying builds the old Matchboxers and reminded me why I liked them so much back in the day. Give one a go, they are very addictive 😈

Cheers Greg

Edited by GREG DESTEC
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...