I found amazing deals, not sure what shipping will be though.

Stalker6Recon

Hey guys, I am very very new to this site. I am an American veteran, now living in the Philippines. I have had an extremely hard time finding the paints and tools that I need to reenter model building, after a VERY LONG gap. My last build was in the very early 1990's, and I am hoping to get back into the game, so to speak. As I said, living here is not the best place if you need to find paints, tools and kits. I have resorted to using Ebay for most of my buys so far, and it just so happened that I sent a question to a seller located in Hong Kong, with more than 12,000 feedbacks. I was asking about a 1/48 scale V-22 that I want to add to my kits. He was able to send me to his website, which offers lower shipping costs than ebay.

When I went to his store, which is NOT very well constructed for a website, but you can find a lot of items from different brands, at what seems to be extremely good prices. As an example, a Tamiya 87086 weathering stick, which sells for 4.10 dollars on Amazon (US), is only 2.30 cents on his store. Nearly half the price. The same goes for the paints, all of them seem to be at half the prices found on ebay/amazon, and he has different brands, some I know, others I have never heard of. The guys on here that can create military aircraft that just need an engine, and they would fly, probably have experience with the other brands available there.

I am making this post, just because I am so happy to find a place that has a lot of what I believe I need, and at MUCH better prices than I have found in the Philippines. I am on a fixed, limited income, so money means a lot. When buying one bottle of paint, a few dollars doesn't mean much. But when you plan to fill up on FS colors or their equivalent, needing to buy a few dozen, every dollar saved, really counts. He also has a lot of tools as well, saws, sand paper etc, and at what appears to be some of the best pricing I have ever seen.

Sorry if this post is inappropriate, I don't really know the rules, and I was so excited that I thought I would share this with my new friends and mentors, that have the same passion that I do, but probably a LOT more skill. I am doing reading and watching videos, trying to consume as much information/tips, as I can get. I hope that I too, can create the "it would fly" look that so many of your are able to do, probably with ease.

I did post on my profile, a bit of information about myself, and requested and tricks/tips that you have, if you have the time. I would greatly appreciate it. Anyway, here are the links that got me to his page, let me know if these is indeed a good price as compared buying locally in your area. I know that it is HUGE savings in my area, which is more than double, even triple the prices that are offered on this site.

Anyway, this is where I started on ebay, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-25163-1-48-v-22-oaprey-with-jp-marking/271350442464?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908131621%26meid%3D51040936a9cb426480c9d0eb4e9292bd%26pid%3D100678%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D271350442464&_trksid=p2481888.c100678.m3607&_trkparms=pageci%3A99717105-b704-11e7-a283-74dbd1809bac%7Cparentrq%3A433d2e6215f0ab6b48125d9efffcea63%7Ciid%3A1

And this is the link to his store, http://www.wahwahmodelshop.com

Anyway, I hope this help others to save a buck or two, or at least to get an idea that there may be deals in your area that can stretch your dollar, peso or pound. Cheers, Stalker6Recon

PS. I tried to add a photo of the item/price from a screen grab, but I can not add photos, not sure why.