Airfix 1/48 Lightning, XR770 (again, I know...)

RMP2

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Valiant effort sir ... Valiant effort !!!👏🏻

Looks like a Lightening to me. 😊

And a jolly nice one too.

Graham

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Delay after delay with this after getting so far in such little time (for me at least).

But... the correct diameter length of clear perspex rod arrived today - much muttering gone on about wrong size stuff being sent due to correct size not being in stock and much time wasted, but hey ho... it happens.

This weekend... definitely this weekend.... Ive got Jags to finish before Im posted off again for work.

• 1 month later...

Finally found some time to get back on this ready for a late Christmas present instead of for the fellas birthday. Better late than never I guess.

Last few bits to fettle and stick on now - canopy, the odd probey bit, canopy decals then a little more subtle weathering stuff. I think the rest is self explanitory. :)

25485471498_080a4d9abe_b.jpg

38477133355_32f6ce9a46_b.jpg

Really need that varnish to dry, its taking ages and needs at least one more coat, two ideally. Hoping to deliver it on Saturday night.

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Possibly hair dryer on a constant temp to help dry it ? 

Ive just got home after a night of carnage and it seems to have finally dried off. 24 hours is a bit long in my eyes.... tin says 4-8 hours and its in the house. Maybe a more thorough shake and stir of the tin will help and yea, perhaps a hair drier session and maybe leave it under an anglepoise too for the next coat.

18 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

A brilliant model of my favourite Lightning in my favourite scheme. I never liked the final scheme with spine and wing in red. Really well done.

Thanks. Its not too bad, but theres a few mistakes and omissions to be perfectly honest. I am quite pleased with some of the random preshading bits and some of my attempts at weathering, but the camera in my phone isnt picking much of that up.

Im with you re the scheme too, just the red tail works far better for me.

Edited by RMP2
Hangover spelling.
  • Like 1

Second coat of varnish dried far more quickly. Im thinking user-error was the problem as I gave the tin one hell of a serious shake and stir this time round. :)

All done and delivered now. Thanks for the support. :)

38699962564_34a92347a4_b.jpg

• Like 2