Invicta Britannia

At last! I have finished something, and here is the first of my Roden Brits. courtesy of Ray at 26 decals I have been able to build one of my favourites and on that I both worked and flew on. Be easy as like many I on here I do this for fun and relaxation. I hope you like it and there are more to come. Of course looking back at the photos I realise that I have not fitted the anti clonk light underneath. Hey ho back to the bench with it.:lol:

37796955562_ed3ece6be7_z.jpg37780230646_d77d9739a6_c.jpg37780235526_70dc8618ea_b.jpg37796945272_2ebb99c978_b.jpg37796950432_213b9f1c66_z.jpg37796955562_ed3ece6be7_z.jpg37570685120_b9e747980c_c.jpg37118645734_a714d6cb4a_c.jpg37118659004_e5f56a7150_c.jpg37118664494_9f6c5ee14f_z.jpg37570718540_b9d6a61f9e_z.jpg37796966902_aec49f0ece_h.jpg37796961172_7bd8b93bcc_h.jpg

• Like 44

First time I've seen an Invicta Britannia finished. Like Steve I'm liking this a lot too! Love the cargo net detail visible through the windows.

Well done with the tail decal no sign of any overlaps or touching up! Also nice weathering on the tailplanes.

Which is your next Brit?

Cheers,

Ian

Marvellous, you have done a lovely job with this all british classic, great job. looking forward to more of these.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Cheers Michael.           

Hi Britman,

I have never built an airliner in my life. It does not mean I don't like them, they are just a bit too daunting for me!

Yours is marvelous! Am I right to assume it is 1/144? Whatever the scale, it is superb.

Congrats!

JR

What a great job, looks ace. Nice paint job, like the nmf shade change. Don't remember ever seeing an Invicta Brit in the flesh, makes a change to see a different airline. Our RAF window blinds were  curtains BTW

Remember seeing this one (NCF) with Monarch though in the 60s.

This one is quite interesting as it was built for BOAC who cancelled the order then the US airline Northeast ordered it and came to Heathrow ,BOAC hangars in Northeast colours and US N registration then they cancelled ! Went to Argentina for a while (can't remember the airline) British Eagle and converted to Freighter, African cargo airline rings a bell then Monarch and to you in sunny Kent!

Don't suppose you ever held the prop for as long as possible then swing it round hard, flame licked the tail plane, scared the Pongo PAX at Brize Norton

Thanks for showing !

28 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

I'm guessing it's the Roden kit

Good guess !

19 hours ago, Britman said:

At last! I have finished something, and here is the first of my Roden Brits

Cats out the bag now

• Haha 1

Gorgeous, magnificent, beautiful, stunning, exquisite...... do you get the idea that I like this one :thumbsup:

What a superb combination of beautiful aircraft and colour scheme.

Cheers

John

I recently bought a Britannia from Ray at 26decals with Redcoat markings, the Invicta one would have been my next choice, not sure I made the right decision now, still, I can always do an Airfix Vanguard in Invicta colours.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Thank you all for such kind remarks , my gast is flabbered!

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I recently bought a Britannia from Ray at 26decals with Redcoat markings, the Invicta one would have been my next choice, not sure I made the right decision now, still, I can always do an Airfix Vanguard in Invicta colours.

Steve.

You can build another one Steve.

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 8:46 AM, bryanm said:

Very nice indeed!  Which varieties of 'silver' did you use, especially for the wings and tailplane?

Bog standard Humbrol with a little mix of grey or black as appropriate applied by brush. White tops are courtesy of Tamiya spray can.

On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 7:10 PM, bzn20 said:

What a great job, looks ace. Nice paint job, like the nmf shade change. Don't remember ever seeing an Invicta Brit in the flesh, makes a change to see a different airline. Our RAF window blinds were  curtains BTW

Remember seeing this one (NCF) with Monarch though in the 60s.

This one is quite interesting as it was built for BOAC who cancelled the order then the US airline Northeast ordered it and came to Heathrow ,BOAC hangars in Northeast colours and US N registration then they cancelled ! Went to Argentina for a while (can't remember the airline) British Eagle and converted to Freighter, African cargo airline rings a bell then Monarch and to you in sunny Kent!

Don't suppose you ever held the prop for as long as possible then swing it round hard, flame licked the tail plane, scared the Pongo PAX at Brize Norton

Thanks for showing !

Prop holding you will know was common if the props turned backwards in the breeze once the prop brake was released. "Flamers" were always exciting especially the inboards as they could reach the tailplane!

On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Turbofan said:

First time I've seen an Invicta Britannia finished. Like Steve I'm liking this a lot too! Love the cargo net detail visible through the windows.

Well done with the tail decal no sign of any overlaps or touching up! Also nice weathering on the tailplanes.

Which is your next Brit?

Cheers,

Ian

Ian, Aer Tures is on finals and Redcoat is downwind! All cargo airlines is expected on the ops board as well as a Aer Tures Argosy.......

• Like 2

On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 6:20 PM, stever219 said:

A super rendition of the last surviving aircraft from the Invicta fleet.  Lovely.

Victor Fox is still about at Cosford and Victor Tango at Duxford spent a few months with Invicta. 

2 hours ago, Britman said:

Victor Fox is still about at Cosford and Victor Tango at Duxford spent a few months with Invicta. 

Thanks BritmanI hadn't realised that either 'VF or'VT were also with Invicta.

The Marine Proteis used in the SRN4 hovercraft were also prone to "torching" on start-up: I once saw an American tourist get the fright of his life at Dover Hoverport as, having eluded the check-in girls at the departure gate he'd legged it down the pad trying to find a way onto a craft with doors closed and ready to go. As he rounded the starboard quarter number 2 (starboard inner) engine lit up, producing its characteristic sheet of smoky orange flame just above head height and less than ten feet in front of him: I have never seen anyone stop dead and turn white so quickly in my life.  By this time the check-in girls have charged down the pad in their high heels and tight skirts and caught up with him.  He was frogmarched back into the departure lounge and instructed in no uncertain terms to produce his boarding card "NOW!".  He did so, to reveal that he was booked on the following flight..........

• Haha 1

Nice looking Britannia! I think its the 3rd or 4th one ive seen so far on BM and they all look good. I figured i'd see more RODEN VC-10s built up than Britannias, but i'm surprised though not in a bad way.

-d-