JGSDF helicopters and some ground vehicles

Hello everybody.

These are high definition pictures and close-ups of JGSDF helicopters and some ground vehicles.

Unfortunately because of the rain, I was unable to operate my camera to the best of results so most pictures are overexposed and some are way underexposed. I also didn't have enough time to take walk-around pics of the Blackhawk and the Longbow because I won the lottery among another 300 people to take a short ride on the CH-47, which by the way is painfully loud!!!!

I will return to the event next year and hope that it won't be raining so as to take even more and better pics.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/156050727@N08/qpDo2T

Note: Pics 1310 and 1311 (close close-ups of armoured vehicles) reflect the true colors according to my camera's LCD display at the moment.

Enjoy!!!!

• Like 5

Hi Alberto,

Those views are really good, :clap2:and should be very useful for anyone wishing to build JGSDF models.  I have already started getting an urge to dig out my Dragon 1:144 UH-60 Blackhawk and F-Toys Cobra and start on them now! :winkgrin:

Mike

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 6:45 PM, JeffreyK said:

Wow, that looks very wet indeed! Which base was this at?

Cheers

J

http://www.mod.go.jp/gsdf/mae/3d/yao/

They do this yearly. I hope it doesn't rain next year, though.

And BTW, the japanese heli didn't fly and the Blackhawk and Apache were stationed somewhere else far enough to warrant drop tanks.

11 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Oh, it's in Osaka? Perhaps I will come next year then (if it's dry...). Perhaps the non-base helicopters are from Akeno JGSDF base in Ise?

Thank you,

Jeffrey

Yep, south Osaka. Gotta change trains at Tennoji and then it's a short walk from the nearest station. Apparently they do this event every year around the same time. Emphasis on around. As for weather forecast for next year, dunno. And yes, I'm sure they're from Akeno, they came in from the east. In fact, that Akeno base you mention is part of a military plane spotting tour package I don't remember the name of.

Well, in the show, they have a ceremony that was cancelled this time because of the rain and then they had a small battle simulation. Every year they hold a lottery to hitch a ride on the Chinook. It's 3000 raffle tickets numbered 0 to 9. Three hundred tickets of each number. Later, if you win, they'll give you another ticket with your flight number. I was there early in the morning to get the tickets for fear they might run out but as the hours passed, they were still distributing them. Funny as it may seem, they were distributing them at two different places far from each other so anyone could have taken two tickets easily.