Egyptian Air force Spitfire cockpit colours.

Vinnie

I'd be very surprised if they were anything other the RAF standard,  as the planes were ex-RAF,   and Egypt had been under British control,   and even if repainted,  paint would most likely be British,  the Israelis used ex-RAF paint which as left behind,  and Egypt had a lot more ex-RAF bases.

I don't know when the switch on crowbar  colours came in,  wartime was Grey-grey, Black,  dark green, steel.

Wheel wells, you get different answers,  I've never seen a clear photo that shows that the outer well where the wheel goes was anything other than the underside, and  the gear leg section well was the interior colour,  which for a good part of the war was aluminium paint.

I can did  out more on these if you wish?

HTH

T

• Like 1

Thanks, Troy. I've been reading articles about the Arab/Israeli conflict and am trying my first attempts in 1/48 builds to replicate the Spitfires. I am WIP on an Israeli example which I assumed would have RAF cockpit colours as they came from the RAF to  Czechoslovakia and then to Israel. I couldn't find a similar trail for the Egyptian Spitfires so I'm comfortable with the answer you've given me. Thank you very much.