ICM Dornier DO-17Z Finnish Air Force Winter scheme

Hi all here are some pics of my latest project, it's ICM's  lovely 1/48 Dornier DO-17Z built and painted as a DO-17z-3 of the Ilmavoimatt (Finnish Air Force) and finished in a temporary Winter scheme. I thoroughly enjoyed this build and found the kit to have the right mix of detail and ease of build and can highly recommend it and also the decals by SBS Models which are superb. Anyway here are the pictures;

37808386161_72dc901b3b_o_d.jpg

37808388691_74c5462b9f_o_d.jpg

37808391151_3b5765e6ae_o_d.jpg

37808392841_1e7004dd08_o_d.jpg

37808395191_286c728410_o_d.jpg

37776496972_66df6a983f_o_d.jpg

37776499532_40208049bc_o_d.jpg

23955421948_61eea0035a_o_d.jpg

37137986083_bc2ef3a617_o_d.jpg

If any of you haven't been along to the Radial Engines Rock GB (which I built this for) then I recommend popping along and having a look at the cracking models in the gallery and those still in wip, there are some great ones to look at. And if you like the colour scheme (and who wouldn't!) there is a Winter War GB proposed which I suggest you have a look at and sign up for.

Here is a link to the build of her;

Thanks for looking, and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 68
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Niknak said:

Excellent, very nice

Thanks Niknak, glad you like it.

5 hours ago, russ c said:

Looks great in the winter scheme Craig, really nice work

Cheers Russ, I'm really drawn to winter schemes at the minute, they just look a bit different from the norm.

4 hours ago, Josip said:

I'll stay with 1:72, but will definitely buy the ICM kit because I prefer it to Airfix.

Its an impresive model. Its also nice to see machine guns in proper thickness for the scale.

Thanks Josip, the guns are very good, the only problem with them is that they don't fit through the openings in the glazing so I had to cut the barrels off and glue them back on afterwards.

1 hour ago, SimonT said:

Great job, thoroughly enjoyed your WiP too.

Thanks Simon, glad you enjoyed the wip, I really enjoyed the build.

52 minutes ago, bruce bay said:

Wonderful! Great scheme and finish. 

Cheers Bruce, it is an eye catching scheme isn't it.

Many thanks to all of you for your positive comments, you are all far too kind.

2 hours ago, Antti_K said:

Hello Craig!

Very, very nice Dornier. Excellent paintwork, decals and weathering; well done. It is always lovely to see Finnish aircraft on Britmodeller.

Terveisia Suomesta,

Antti

And a special thank you to you Antti, to receive high praise from a Finn for a Finnish model is very welcome indeed. And congratulations on your nation's centenary! 

• Like 2