Trumpeter 1/24 Hurricane

I love the impact larger scale models have and I have always loved the hurricane. So what better to do than to combine both. Here is Trumpeter's 1/24 Hurricane MKI with Techmod decals for an aircraft from 303 (Polish) Sqdn, RAF. 1940.

c006c1b7-7a3e-4e46-acf5-d03583dcd09e.JPG

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Excellent Hurricane! I expect the nerds could find a fault or two with the shapes (it's a Trumpeter, after all), but to my eyes she looks very convincing.

In 1/24th scale, shouldn't the (missing?) aerial wire be de rigeur?

Impressive model.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Simon382 said:

Never made anything from Trumpeter, what are they like?

Modern well engineered kits from China,  often let  down by abymal research thus getting basic shapes wrong to a degree that is basically uncorrectable.

In short,  search up  a particular kit,   some are best in scale, eg 1/48th Wyvern and Seahawk,  and see below, some have caused many British aircraft fans much wailing  and gnashing of teeth,  eg 1/48th Vampire, Hornet/Sea Hornet,  Westland Whirldwind.

Legend has  it  the Sea Hawk,Wyvern and Hurricane were results of  outside contractor research,which makes  sense given how  bad some of the others are (ie  google up some plans off the net)

They could have even got their research done for  free if they had used the information supplied from this thread

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55621-spiteful-seafang-master/

Lots of feedback, information and corrections sent,  none used, no corrections made.

Trumpter have a sister company, Hobby Boss (they do, or did share the same factory,  and thus share reasearch) who  also are hit and miss.

Trumpeter/Hobby Boss link,  Trumpeter did a 1/16th T-34, with full interior,  HB then did a 1/48th T-34 with full interior!

In short, research any kit by either of these you might fancy.

36 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

I expect the nerds could find a fault or two with the shapes (it's a Trumpeter, after all)

Believe it or not, no, the Trumpy Hurricane is one of the best  shaped Hurricanes in any  scale!

It  have some small faults, and I'm not a fan  of the recessed rivets,  but it catches many subtleties of shape missed in other kits (and I am a Hurricane nerd)

Why they have not scaled down the  CADs to   1/48th and 1/72 is beyond me,  as  they'd be the  best in both scales if they did.

Very neat  job on the model Noel!

:goodjob:

cheers

T

Edited by Troy Smith
add detail
  • Like 4

Thanks everyone for your comments. I love Trumeter kits. I understand that sometimes they get details and shapes wrong, but the fit and details are what I am after. I am not overly worried about the inaccuracies, but Do lean towards a kit if it is more accurate. As Troy has mentioned above the 1/24 Hurricane is one of their best.