I am the egg man...I am the Walrus... Mk.I HMS Victorious

23 hours ago, At Sea said:

I wasn't that interested in this release but now I am...

Neither was I. In fact I barely knew if it’s existence as an actual aircraft until they announced the kit last year. But having been a fan of new tool Airfix for years now, I was hoping for the best. And I wasn’t disappointed. 4-1/2 star kit!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Habu,

Very good job on this wonderfull piece of an aeroplane !! Really british style aircraft !

Will buy mine in Telford !!

Sterling job !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Thanks 1

You may think it's an ugly aircraft but I bet a lot of downed airmend would disagree to them I bet they thought it the most beautiful aircraft ever built you have built a beutifull model well done 🖒👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Homer said:

You may think it's an ugly aircraft but I bet a lot of downed airmend would disagree to them I bet they thought it the most beautiful aircraft ever built you have built a beutifull model well done 🖒👏

Oh I’m sure. Same thing could be said about the Catalina. Although it was a little better looking👍🏼

15 hours ago, Andy Robbins said:

My grandad built them at Cowes during the war. He told me once they had 3 in the hangar ready for collection when the factory was bombed. The next day they found in the debris 3 puddles of melted aluminium each with an engine sat in the middle.

😳😳wow! Another great story! Guess that fabric and rigging were the first to go 😝