Puma HC-1 1:32nd scale.

This Puma is built from the original Matchbox issue of the kit:

IMG_1375.jpg

It came in it's three colour glory! :)

IMG_1381.jpg

Dating from the 80s the kit lacks the finesse of newer models, but has some nice features.

Panel lines are raised, so I engraved them, and the interior is a bit basic so I enhanced it with plastic card, wire, and various bits from the good old spares box.

I painted her with Xtracolour enamels.

So here is my early Puma HC-1 as they first appeared in RAF service, before they started adding all those extra bits. :)

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Angelo.

• Like 67
  • Thanks 1

If anyone fancies one of these, a little birdy tells me there will be one in the kit swap at Telford in three weeks time. A mate is flogging his and he gave me the option of buying (but I have too many kits awaiting me as it is, so I passed).

Chris.   

Thanks a lot everyone! :)

I forgot to mention that I relied pretty heavily on two modellers' builds.

Ted Taylor, and Derrick Griffiths who did wonderful jobs on this kit and their work was very inspirational.

That is truly magnificent build, superb paint job, top marks. This has given me the inspiration to get my one out of the attic and get on with it. Would liked to have seen a WIP as it is truly magnificent.

• Like 1

To me, this is a model firmly in the 'WOW' category. It gives a superbly realistic impression of that mixture of delicacy and heaviness that's peculiar to big helicopters. And it's a humbling reminder of how somehow discounted old Matchbox kits kan build into convincing representations of the original with the help of inspiration and modelling skills.

An inspiring build!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beefy said:

Would liked to have seen a WIP as it is truly magnificent.

Thank you!

I took a few WIP photos:

The cockpit was detailed using plastic card, various gauges of wire, parts for the spares box & blocks of resin cut from pour stubs:

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

I re-did the moulded quilting using Milliput & Green stuff to cover over the mould ejector marks:

IMG_1390.jpg

As the kit does not have a ceiling to the cabin, I built one out of plastic card & milliput.

IMG_1392.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That takes me back to the early eighties when I was on the Puma OCU at Odiham.

A very nice build of a 230 sqn cab,

I hate to make a remark, but the door handles are missing.

Should be on both cabin doors and the RH front door.

(The LH front 'door' is actually a jettisonable panel) 

• Like 1

Sorry HL-10, Angelo

I should not have looked at this thread, your Model of XW223 is well know to belong to certain Flight within 33Sqn and has always been since about 1978 and fitted with different main undercarriage sponsons and some other small details. So she has never been on 230 Sqn. Trust me, I know, sorry.

Further to this all of the qiuilting on the inside of the cabin is in a shitty grey colour, unless you are modelling from 70"s then it would be a dull dark blue colour. Cabin seat belts could be either red but now are blue. All fixed panels in cabin/cockpit are Matt Black. 

• Like 1