Patton Tank Grp. Build is up & running.

Corsairfoxfouruncle

hxZpabH.jpg

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT SIGNED UP. THE DATES ARE 30th MARCH 2019 - 30TH JUNE 2019. 

Ok It covers the lineage from the M26 Persing/M46 Patton as in this Tamiya. If you're planning on doing a late war sherman in that group build you could do a M26 Pershing as a companion.  L7nNWrR.jpg

Or if your planning on doing a Korean war sherman like the New Tamiya with a Tiger or Devil face like this. VcI6NOb.jpg

You could do an M46 Patton as a companion piece. They also wore the tiger face art. As shown in this Photograph.TIcnNga.jpg

Or build any versions thru to the most modern versions of the M60 used by the Israelis such as this Magach made by AcademyUySQYJL.jpg

It covers all offshoots and adaptations in the Patton Family tree of Armor. 

Hope to see you look into it, even happier if you decide to join. 

Have a great modeling day

Dennis 

* any photographs used are strictly information use. All rights belong to original owners.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Modifications
  • Like 2

Ok Guys we have a Third armor STGB now that the Tiger GB is in for 2019. Way to go guys 👍 We have 11 signed up for the Patton STGB. Add to that we have a T-55 STGB Thats back up in the Rotation. Please Think about signing up guys that will Make for a True Armored Spearhead into the Group Build Territory !  

• Like 1

The idea of  a Patton build is a good idea. Despite being a bit of an armour nut I am not entirely sue how the M26/46 Pershing developed into the M47 Patton? 

Anyway whatever I am in! Will have to do some research. My Patton knowledge is nowhere as extensive as the M4. 

• Like 1

We have our #21 today ... great going. Only 4 more and were in. This build doesnt just cover tanks. It covers offshoots and modifications. Including variants produced overseas. It covers 72 years of vehicles so there is probably something in the Patton Lineage to build for everyone. 

Additional

Im going to keep cheer leading for this. We’re close and now at 22. We’re just 3 short of our threshold of 25. But i really believe this can happen guys. So yes im going to say it “ I think it can happen !” ...  “ I think it can happen !” ... I know this will happen !” 

Sadly looks like were stalled here ... we’re at 22 and holding ... we still only need 3 more entries. I guess it will happen just slower than i had hoped for. Please if interested take a look. Look at all the group builds there are some great ideas/themes going not just this one. 

• Sad 1

Come on post war/modern tank fans the Patton GB is only a few short of chinning the bar and getting across the line for A GB next year...

Very wide scope on this from Pershing’s to the latest Israeli variants and including the M103 and the ARV and AEV variants...

come me on you know you want to give it a go..

Edited by Plasto
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Plasto for helping in the cheering Dept. 

Plasto’s Right Armor fans we only need 3 more sign up’s to get the nod. This is really a large chunk of armor history going from 1945 up to today. Large number of offshoots and variants to pick from as well.

Additional

Hello all just going to point out that this build covers everything from the M26 Pershing all the way up to modern Israeli versions of the M60. Im pretty sure there are enough choices. I'm hoping that there are still some forum members who haven't come across this and will see my cheering section. There are other Group builds as well not just this one so please i encourage any and all to come and look into the group build section.  

Hello one Hello all. Its november and just a friendly reminder that its time to vote for your Favorite group build ideas. While your there please check out some of the interesting ideas there. That are waiting for more interest and sign ups. Not just this one.

@Antoine ... If you dont like this i apologize i was only attempting to advertise. Though Im not the first as others have advertised there group builds in the WW2 armor area. I asked more than once if it was allowable. I never recieved a no answer from Enzo or any other moderator. Also if you carefully read my posts. I purposefully point out in more than one, to check out all the group build ideas, not just mine. So the post in coldwar armor is not just for the Patton Group build but for any and all builds. It does happen to be under the title of it. But thats only because i didnt want to start posts in every category. 

Second if you are offended in any way it was not my intention. If  you feel you no longer wish to be in the Patton build let me know. I will take you off the list. And if any moderator decides that advertising is against the rules i will accept the deletion of this thread and whatever else they might choose.

Dennis

Additional
  • Like 1