PATTON TANK STGB Chat

Well you have managed to pick one of the 2 tanks that I consider to epitomise the Cold War (and it looks like an STGB has just been proposed for the other one (the T-55)). Don't have a kit yet and not sure which to go for as I like the M47, M48 and M60 so I think I will see what comes my way at Telford.

Craig.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes the Pershing can stay in. i believe it would be acceptable. Since like i said 1160 were eventually converted to M46’s 

so i will count you in. 

Thanks, it was after all the origin of the species. I might have to build a Panther with it, there is film of a Pershing and Panther having a pop at one another, the Pershing wins and the Panther crew scarper.

Edited by old thumper
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So So sorry Minion ... I thought I had, it must have not worked. My humblest Apologies and you are on the list in the corrected position. 

No problem, certainly not bothered about what position I take on the list, just wanted the numbers signed up to be correct and to hopefully move the GB closer to getting the go ahead.

• Like 1

Ohh could be interested the Pershing/Patton/Blazer family are among my favourite tanks....so many users and uparmoured sub-variants.

If the M103 is allowed what about the developmental T29/30/34 series of Heavy Tanks?...no problem if not just wondering since the were built on a lengthened M26E3 Chassis...And I have the Takom kits in the stash

• Like 1

@mungo1974 ... I’ll start by confirming you are interested in joining. I will check into your request. As i put into the original proposal im not Familiar with all the sub variants. I know the T29/30/34 series were working prototypes. I will review but most likely they will be allowed as they were more than paper proposal’s. 

Ok I did a quick Review per your request. The T29/30/34 each had Two prototypes. One each of the T29/30 to make the two T34’s. That in turn developed into the T99 Heavy Tank. An indirect uncle of the M103, which itself was an offshoot of the M48 family.  So yes because they were rolling prototypes they are allowed. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

I'll be up for this. Echoing Etienne I quite fancy a French M26 or possibly the one off engineering vehicle built on the T40(?) chassis. The backlog is clearing nicely now so I'm hopeful of being organised by the time this happens....He said hopefully.

• Like 1