PATTON TANK STGB Chat

Hello to All... Well here we are starting week 12 now, just 1 more week to go. I have really enjoying what Ive seen built by everyone. I would be happy to see more builds finished of course. However its more important you are happy with your work. id rather they go unfinished if you aren't enjoying the build. As of right now we are steady at 20 builds comprised of the following. 

M26a1 x 1 

T26e4 x 1 

T92 HMC x 1 

T39 AEV x 1 

M47 x 2

M48a3 x 2 

M60 x 1 

M60a1 x 5 (1.Israeli, 2.Standard, 3.ERA, 4.Standard, 5.RISE

M60a3 x 1 

Magach 6B (M60) x 1 

Magach 7c (M60) x 1

M247 Sgt.York SPAAG x 1 

M88 ARV x 1 

M103a2 x 1

Im still hoping everyone is enjoying themselves and please reach out if you need help. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Good luck to anyone still working to get their project finished and five photos in the Gallery before the midnight (UK time) deadline tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Hello everybody on behalf of Myself and the two co-hosts, @PlaStix and @Plasto i want to say Thank you very much for making this build a success. This was my first time hosting a build, its not my last as i have a fair number coming up in the next 18 months. We had a total of 37 members sign-up to enter the build. With a total of 20 builds entered thats roughly 2/3rds. Out of those 20 We have currently 9 builds in the gallery with one or two not in but finished. So thats a 50% completion of builds entered. In my book 50% is a success. Once the poll is open i will let everyone know to allow the voting to begin. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

Hello Everyone @Jim Wasley, @Hubba, @KAYELL, @badger, @Bullbasket, @Hewy, @Dave_R, @Scargsy, @PlaStix the poll is now open. Please vote for just one option. I have it set to close the poll automatically on 6th of July at 23:59. In closing again I say thank you for participating in the Patton - Pershing group build. Thank you for making my first attempt at hosting a success. 

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone... The poll has now closed and the winner of the voting is @PlaStix with 4 votes. There was a 3 way tie for 2nd place and the members are @KAYELL, @Bullbasket, @Hewy. Honorable mention goes to @Jim Wasley & @Scargsy  with 2 votes each. I would like to thank everyone for participating in the Patton/Pershing build. I hope to see you all again in the Panther Mk.V build in 2020. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

As others have said a great GB. I've got some more information for my build courtesy of a very nice Lady at TACOM so will resume work once I've developed a system for making engine louvres.

Great subject, well run, very informative and very good results, In my mind we are all winners to some degree or other. I'll be much better prepared for the Panther GB ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done to everyone who got a finished build into the Gallery - I reckon, despite there being only 10 builds in the Gallery, that this was one of the best set of models I have seen in a GB Gallery. They all look superb. There was also some fantastic work going on that unfortunately didn't get finished in time. If your's is one of the latter - please keep going and keep posting so we can follow your updates. Well done to Dennis @Corsairfoxfouruncle for suggesting and hosting this STGB - I probably wouldn't have got around to building my T26E4 for quite a while yet and I thoroughly enjoyed making it. Finally thank you to those modellers who took the time to vote and to those who voted for mine.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4