PATTON TANK STGB Chat

Time to cheerlead people. Anyone interested in Patton tanks or possibly do you know a forum member who does like them. Someone that hasnt been on in a little while or might have missed this. Send them this way we only need one more sign in and were in ! 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hello armor builders. Just letting you know since its group build voting time. While you are here voting if your interested in Patton Tanks or any of the derivatives, please check this out we only need one more person to sign up and we are in as a STGB.

Hello armor builders. Just letting you know since its group build voting time. While you are here voting if your interested in Patton Tanks or any of the derivatives, please check this out we only need one more person to sign up and we are in as a STGB.

Check out what Antoine said over on the T-55 GB. Maybe this one needs the same treatment ie, some more info on what is available. Some photos posted of kits and conversions. Just a thought, but it might be worth it.

John.

• Like 1

Thanks John, i already saw that before your post. I explained my reasons and thoughts. I agree i can see that might be the way to go also. Just dont know if i have the time currently with all my medical issues. Maybe in a week or two when that starts to slow down. 

Dennis 

Hi Dennis. I wouldn't worry too much. This STGB is going to happen - with only one signup away it shouldn’t be that long but perhaps a bit longer than you were hoping for. You've done really well in a short space of time. Someone will be looking through the GB chat section and realise this GB is here and want to take part. You have to remember that the GB section isn’t why most people join Britmodeller. I always think it seems to be the same large(ish) group of modellers that appear in most GBs with a few newbies here and there. Anyway the people who have signed up will be here when it gets the go-ahead! I'm really looking forward to it!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

@PlaStix ... I know it will go through sooner or later. Thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. 

I seem to be having an issue with a member for some unknown reasons. Im more troubled by this than any delay in getting the 25th signature for this group build. I’ve always tried to be friendly. Also I’ve tried to give kind words and praise where deserved. So I really am troubled by a member that seems to be upset with something i’ve done/said. Honestly i know i can be stubborn and sometimes that rubs someone the wrong way. But i dont believe thats the issue this time. 

Dennis 

• Thanks 1

Hi Dennis. Yes I saw the discussion and checked out the discussion in the armour section. I wouldn’t worry about it too much - looking at it from the outside it only seems to be a misunderstanding of ideas than proper disagreement about how things are being done. When you put yourself out there, with an idea for a GB, I think you do become concerned about how people might react to it. I ran a GB over a year ago and there is a kind of pressure to make sure it goes well and (hopefully) everyone enjoys it!

As I said - you've done a great job so far and I'm sure it will be a great GB!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thanks John, i already saw that before your post. I explained my reasons and thoughts. I agree i can see that might be the way to go also. Just dont know if i have the time currently with all my medical issues. Maybe in a week or two when that starts to slow down. 

Dennis 

Dennis, whatever your medical problems are, they come first. All of this is irrelevant. I'm in a similar boat at the moment so I know where you're coming from. If I can get any info together that might help sign people up, I'll post it.

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone ... Im here to give this a bit of cheerleading. We need just one more member to get this through. Im informed that if and when it goes through it will be in 2019. It will be plenty of time to get ideas, models, and after market goodies gathered. This build covers the years from WW2 to today, also any scale. It will cover the M26/46 Patton series. Here is an example from Tamiya L7nNWrR.jpg

Then we have the next gen eration M47 ... heres an example from Takom, and the one i will be going for.QYvC0VH.jpg

you would also have the M48 of which i have an example from TamiyanpC67I3.jpg

you could do a Vietnam era patton with loads of sandbags. Topped of with an m60 machine gun and extra stowage. 

Finally is the M60 heres a couple examples of M60’s that are available in different scales. The first in 1/35th from Dragon 347188F.jpg another in 1/72nd from Revell. 

LaMaFck.jpg

We also cover prototypes and engineering vehicles. One of the members that has signed up for the build will be attempting this. It is a Prototype engineering vehicle known as the T39 based on the M46 chassis.

Mvk6FUY.jpg

Another is this example from AFV in 1/35th of a Vietnam era M88 Armored recovery vehicle. WFEse5R.jpg

Im hoping i inspire someone or multiple people to join us. Please feel free to reach out to me or the co host Plasto if you have any questions. 

Please have a good day

Dennis

* any photographs used are strictly information use. All rights belong to original owners.
Additional
  • Like 1

Quite right John ...

Heres an example of an M48/Magach 3 made by Dragon.

cRX1fKB.jpg

Another example from Dragon is this M67 “Zippo” Flamethrowing tank from vietnam. These were modified M48 chassis. baFptWQ.jpg

Then again if youre really into updated and modified Armor you could try a scratchbuilt conversion of the Iranian M47 Sabalan tank as seen in this photo

AGQUhnD.jpg

Im not sure if theres a kit or an off the shelf conversion I couldn't find anything. Here we have another Magach from the Israeli’s but this one is based on the later M60 the kit is from Academy.UySQYJL.jpg

Back to where we were yesterday when i mentioned the M103 Heavy Tank and its predecessors. The T29/30/34 Prototypes which were modified M26 chassis that looked like this one from Takom. V2SZ3LB.jpg

Which culminated in this M103. Shown here in kit form by Dragon’s Black Label series sOHFhRI.jpg Like I’ve said before we need just one more member to make this a reality. When this gets through it will be in 2019. That gives everone plenty of time to gather models, info, & aftermarket bits together. Please find me or the co-host Plasto if you have questions ? Please have a great day and I hope to see you here soon. 

Dennis

* any photographs used are strictly information use. All rights belong to original owners.
Additional
  • Like 2

Hello another cheerleading installment. Some of you might not have known this, but if you are planning on doing a build in the Sherman STGB. You could have a companion either the M26 Pershing.L7nNWrR.jpg

Then again if you're planning on doing a Korean war Sherman with the Tiger Face VcI6NOb.jpgyou can do an M46 Patton heres a photo from the war. 

TIcnNga.jpg

Heres a variant of the M47 Patton. This is an Academy re-pop of Italeri’s M47 with upgrades to be done as a Korean Marine Tank. 

1NqLLZ4.jpg

Or you could do an M47 with an M6 Dozer blade like this photo. XqHsSWQ.jpg

Heres a photo showing an M48 from Vietnam covered with stowage, umbrella, and sandbag armor. wVPEWv8.jpg

Heres an example from Takom of a Rep. of China CM11 Brave Tiger itself a very upgraded Patton.

6fluUMI.jpg

If you prefer the M60 here are some variants to pick from. We’ll start with a photo of the German AVLB folding bridge version.NId9R3r.jpg

or this kit from AFV Club to make an M728 Engineering Vehicle.Tj2JofV.jpg

Last but not least is the M60a2 Starship tank this example from Academy.

uL9JNyv.jpg

We still need members to sign up for this. When this comes about it will be in 2019. That definitely gives you plenty of time to gather a kit, info, and Aftermarket goodies for your builds. Im hoping to see you check it out and hopefully sign up. Please find me or the co-host Plasto if you have any questions. 

Have a great modeling day.

Dennis 

Additional

Hello Fellow Members,

Im here to talk about some variations and stowage options. Lets start with a Tamiya M60a1 with reactive armor.  1fOA6xw.jpg

Next up we’ll lookat some aftermarket stuff. Most is by a company called Legend. I dont work or gain any benefit by talking about them. Just using this for examples. Lets start with an M48 stowage set for vietnam. 4Xy0JDE.jpg

They do other variations like this one for M60’s.nImX7c4.jpg

they do a couple sets for Israeli Magachs. Both a mk.3bX21NFH.jpg

and an Mk.6.XFJNpYU.jpg

Next up we have an Israeli Magach with Reactive armor as shown in this kit from Dragon.NkFj3PE.jpg

Last up is a photo of a Turkish Upggraded M60 Sabra. Another option if you were inclined to scratchbuild it.vsPbB4H.jpg

Like Ive said before. This will go through eventually all we need is one more sign up. When it goes through it will be in 2019. Plenty of time to gather a kit, info, & aftermarket goodies together. Looking forward to seeing you check it out and hopefully sign-up. Please have a great moselling day. 

Dennis

Found a couple more options for anyone interested. First up is this Academy kit of an Israeli M60a1 Magach with Blazer reactive armor and a mine Roller. I97onnv.jpg

Another is this photo if an M60 from desert stormwith a mine plow. 

iZWawHl.jpg

Hope that gives ideas to someone. 

Dennis

Hey fellow members Arniec is correct we only need one more and we are in. Though we have room for more than that. If you read through the pages. You’ll get an idea of what your options are, and that there are few limits involved here with patton tanks. If you are interested but not sure or have questions reach out. Contact me or the co-host Plasto and ask ? Please have a great modeling day.

Dennis

Hello fellow members we got our 25th sign up thanks to Badger over in the cold war armor forum. Ive reached out to Enzo to confirm and hopefully get our dates lined up for 2019. Like I’ve said there will be plenty of room for more. Also plenty of time to gather kits, info, and aftermarket Goodies. Please have a great modeling day. As usual if you have any questions please ask me or the co-host Plasto. 

Dennis

• Like 1