1/48 YF-23 Hobbyboss

Hello
This is an old favorite of an airplane released by a Hobbyboss, and I have been given the opportunity to make a few pictures of a finished model, I hope you like it and can do it for you.
There are already more modeling

1-48 YF-23 0131-48 YF-23 0121-48 YF-23 0111-48 YF-23 0101-48 YF-23 091-48 YF-23 081-48 YF-23 071-48 YF-23 061-48 YF-23 051-48 YF-23 041-48 YF-23 031-48 YF-23 021-48 YF-23 01

1-48 YF-23 014

Goodbye  ^_^

Edited by Cucubacsi
  • Like 15

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but how did you get the canopy open? I have this on order and my understanding is that it does not have an open for an open canopy. Also, where did you pick up some of your diorama accessories? They look great. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/31/2019 at 11:51 PM, modelerdave said:

I know this is an old post, but how did you get the canopy open? I have this on order and my understanding is that it does not have an open for an open canopy. Also, where did you pick up some of your diorama accessories? They look great. 

Hi Modelerdave, I was looking at this build in preparation for my own attempt at building this kit and saw your questions (I'm fairly new here, so I sincerely hope I'm not violating courtesy rules by answering questions directed at other modellers). I believe most modellers who built this model with the canopy open had to do some scratch building to get a realistic effect (I haven't started mine yet, still busy with a 1/32 Trumpeter F-117A, so can't say from my own experience). As for the diorama accessories: I daresay the figures and most of the vehicles seem to come from the Hasegawa X48-4 "U.S. Ground Crew Set: A". If you intend to build the Hobbyboss 1/48 YF-23 I'd recommend the book "Air Force Legend Number 220 Northrop YF-23 ATF" by Paul Metz (one of the YF-23 test pilots), which has a lot of useful information and pictures to assist you in detailing (and if you're so inclined) correct your kit.

Best regards,

Peter.

As Modelerdave pointed out it's an older post, but I agree with the other comments above: beautiful build with ample attention to the details of this aircraft and an incentive to do my best with my attempts at this kit. The diorama wraps it up into a very appealing and photogenic setting, excellent job.