This is one rescued from the shelf of doom, a Dynavector 1/48 Scimitar F1 , nice vacform with a fairly easy build , but not helped by my decision to fold the wings. Seemed to lose interest about half way through the build so it got left for about 12 months, but decided to get it finished , after all the Scimitar is one of my favourite aircraft. Finished in Halfords finest, EDSG over appliance white, with scratch built ladder and intake blanks. Aircraft represents a machine of 800 Sqd FAA in 1961.

8d177628-7560-4c91-ae20-3371d4aaee10.jpg

f06954c0-25a9-45c6-8ad3-60418693b2d2.jpg

b6b02255-ab7e-45a0-b900-8354b5deade0.jpg

106c916c-ba13-4813-8d84-abd88cb41d1a.jpg

• Like 44

That's fantastic - I had one, but after a few years I chickened out and moved it on - when I see the great job that you have made of it, that was probably the correct decision (for me)!

Lovely to see another one that's been done ^_^ It really is a great kit, and with a bit of extra work you can improve the detail further :) I can't believe it's been so long since I did mine.  You can see the build in my sig if you're interested ;)

What a great model of one of the most beautifull planes! :goodjob:

(Note to the modelling Gods including Murphy: Now that it HAS been build in vacform, can we NOW, please - pretty please - get a injection modeld 1/48 one - PLEASE!) :please:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 2

Very nice indeed!

I have fond memories of watching that team work up their display at HMS Fulmar

Perhaps too clean though as they did leak like sieves and were often to be seen with a dustbin underneath as well as the drip trays.

Even I might do one in that scale if Airfix (or anybody in fact) did one after their 1/72 one :smile:

• Haha 1

Always good to see models of the handsome Scimitar - congratulations on moving it off your shelf of doom & good work - I would like to see an accurate injection model in 1/48 too

CJP

Very nice indeed and I love the wing fold,.... I wish that I had been brave enough to do that with mine!! Which Halfords colour did you use for EDSG,.....it looks great?

Cheers

Tony

Lovely model of the Scimitar. I spent summer holidays as a child with family friends at a farm on the edge of Milltown RN aerodrome and watched Scimitars constantly landing and taking off from Milltown. I believe they were doing carrier practice approaches, having taken off from Lossiemouth RN air station just along the coast. A favourite spot on the beach at Lossiemouth was a wartime concrete bunker at the edge of (and directly under) the airfield approach. The Scimitars (and later Buccaneers) were just above head height (no wonder I now have tinnitus!).

1 hour ago, Kerr65 said:

was a wartime concrete bunker

I remember that one at the edge of the west beach but we tended to use the 'pill box' on the left of the approach to '23' as you didn't get quite as deafened when a Scimitar landed (or took off if they were using 05)

I think a few of us are going to be in that TARDIS that keeps getting mentioned on BM

3 hours ago, tonyot said:

Very nice indeed and I love the wing fold,.... I wish that I had been brave enough to do that with mine!! Which Halfords colour did you use for EDSG,.....it looks great?

Cheers

Tony

The EDSG is supposed to be BS381 640, was in the local Halfords looking at the paint for a close match when one of the staff approached and offered to help , when I explained what I was looking for he said " I can mix that for you , we can do BS standards if you have the code " , so next thing I know I'm the proud owner of a spray can of EDSG, it doesn't seem a bad match either.

Thanks everyone for the very kind comments .

Andrew

• Like 1

On 18/10/2017 at 8:29 PM, Andrew Jones said:

The EDSG is supposed to be BS381 640, was in the local Halfords looking at the paint for a close match when one of the staff approached and offered to help , when I explained what I was looking for he said " I can mix that for you , we can do BS standards if you have the code " , so next thing I know I'm the proud owner of a spray can of EDSG, it doesn't seem a bad match either.

Thanks everyone for the very kind comments .

Andrew

Wow,...that is brilliant Andrew,.......I`ll be nipping over with a few BS numbers in tow then,......that is great to know, thanks a lot mate,

Cheers

Tony